Get Object data from Math Type Equation such as MTEF Data or Base-64 Code using C# or Java | Mathtype Equation to OMML

HI,
I know that is hard to transfer Mathtype equation to OMML. But, can ASPOSE.word get the Object data from the Mathtype eqation? such as, MTEF data or Base-64 code?

@linjiale,

We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-20612. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

@linjiale,

MathType is normally stored inside document (DOCX) as embedded ole object. So, I think you can get embedded object’s binary string by using the following code:

Shape oleShapeMathType = (Shape)doc.FirstSection.Body.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Shape, true)[0];
byte[] rawData = oleShapeMathType.OleFormat.GetRawData();

Then the next step is to decode the MTEF data from the embedded object’s binary string, but this is out of the scope of Aspose.Words.

If this is not what you are looking for then please ZIP and upload your sample Word document containing the MathType (equation you want to get Object data of) here for testing. We will then investigate the structure of the equation on our end and provide you more information.

@linjiale,

We are waiting for your further input on this topic (WORDSNET-20612). Please see my previous post and share your further input. Thanks for your cooperation.

@linjiale,

Regarding WORDSNET-20612, we have completed the work on this issue and concluded to close this issue with “not a bug” status because of lack of further information from your end. In case you may have further inquiries or may need any help in future, please let us know by creating a new thread in Aspose.Words forum.