We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

GetNamedRanges() regression in Aspose 8.5

Dear Aspose team,
I’ve identified a strange regression in Aspose 8.5/8.6 comparing to 8.3.

For some reason function GetNamedRanges() throws Domain First Chance Exception if the worksheet contains references to named cells and named cells are not defined yet. (Named cells are getting valid when a report is compiled from multiple sheets).
In addition it happen for xlsB files only.
No regular exception is thrown and the result is correct.

Very simple example is attached. It’s output is to be:

Getting named ranges from …\Files\Test.xlsX…
Named ranges count: 1
Getting named ranges from …\Files\Test.xlsX… Done

Getting named ranges from …\Files\Test.xlsB…
First chance exception caught
Ex: Name[Aspose.Cells.Name [ NamedCell_NotHereYet; ReferTo:=]] based on [0]Sheet1!A1-Invalid formula: More than one token in stack
Named ranges count: 1
Getting named ranges from …\Files\Test.xlsB… Done

Hi,

Thanks for providing us sample project with template files.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project with template file(s). I am using latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.0.x, I found GetNamedRanges() method throws Domain First Chance Exception if the worksheet contains references to named cells and named cells are not defined yet. In addition it happen for XLSB file format only as it works fine with similar XLSX file as I tested. I found the scenario works fine with older versions e.g v8.3.x with XLSB file format. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43930” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Looks good, thank you.

Hi Alex,

You are most welcome. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43930) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.