GetThumbnail - Small Caps

Hi there,

I have noticed when using GetThumbnail that font style information doesn’t seem to be retained?

E.g. In my slide titles I use Small Caps, however when converted to a thumbnail they show as all caps?

Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,
SAT.

Hi again,

Following up on this. I noticed when trying to pull slide titles, e.g. using code similar to (found elsewhere on this site and modified slightly), and the titles are in Small Caps that the text pulled out is all caps. What should the behavior be in this instance?

Thanks for your time,
SAT.

Slide sld = (Slide)pres.Slides[ind];
foreach (Shape shp in sld.Shapes)
{
string sTitleText = null;
string sTitleType = null;

try
{
sTitleText = ((AutoShape)shp).TextFrame.Text.ToString();
sTitleType = ((AutoShape)shp).Name.ToString();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
}

if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(sTitleText))
{

if (shp.IsTextHolder && sTitleType.Contains(“Title”))
{
writer.WriteRaw("Slide " + (ind + 1).ToString() + ": " + sTitleText);
}
else if (shp.Placeholder != null && sTitleType.Contains(“Title”))
{
writer.WriteRaw(((AutoShape)shp).TextFrame.Text);
}
}
else
{
writer.WriteString("Slide " + (ind + 1).ToString());
}
}

Hi SAT,

I have observed the comments shared by you and request you to please share the sample presentation, generate output and sample application with us with which you are able to reproduce the issue. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi -

Thanks for the reply. Please find attached a sample solution, slide deck, output etc.

I have left out the dll (it is 14.3.0 .Net 2.0) - to keep the zip small.

I have noticed:

When using PPTX - the small caps covert to lower case when saving the thumbnail

When using PPT - the small caps convert to upper case when saving the thumbnail

Sample of each are included in the solution.

Also included in the solution is the extract of the titles, which follows the same as the thumbnail eg.

PPTX - Small caps turn into upper case.

PPT - small caps turn into lower case.

What should the behaviour be? Is there any way it can convert small caps properly? So that small caps is not converted to upper or lower case but remains as small caps?

Regards,

SAT.

Hi SAT,

Thanks for sharing the requested information. I have worked with the presentation files shared and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35385 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue of small caps turning into lower case for PPTX presentation thumbnails. A separate issue with ID SLIDESNET-35386 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue of small caps turning into upper case for PPT slide thumbnail.

This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35385) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.