Getting Extra Tags when Loading Presentation in Aspose.Slides for Java 15.5

Hi,

I am in process of migarting Aspose Slides version from ASPOSE SLIDES JAVA 15.3.0 to ASPOSE SLIDES JAVA 15.5.0. I ran in to an issue while working with some presentations.

I just loaded a presentation which originally does not have any tags and then save it back in pptx format. I am seeing around ten tag.xml files when I unzipped saved powerpoint presentation.

The content of one of the tag.xml is given below:

<p:tagLst
xmlns:p=“http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/presentationml/2006/main ”>

<p:tag name="AS_UNIQUEID " val="2 " />

</p:tagLst>

Other tag.xml also have tag with same name “AS_UNIQUEID” mapped to different tag values.

We were not seeing these extra tags in Version ASPOSE SLIDES JAVA 15.3.0.

I am just curious to know what these extra tags mean and why are they needed?

I am attaching both the presentations for your reference.

The code we used is given below:

void savePresentation(){

Presentation ppt=new Presentation(“AnimationsWithSlideContent.pptx”);

ppt.save(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_Saved.pptx”,SaveFormat.Pptx);

}

Thanks
Manisha Sharma

Hi Manisha Sharma,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you and have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34931 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

With Aspose.Slides JAVA 15.6.0, I am seeing this issue got worsen. Now I am seeing these extra tags with so many PowerPoint Presentations we are using for out testcases. These tags are being referred in various xml and rels files of PowerPoint like slide.xml, slideLayout.xml etc

With Aspose.Slides JAVA 15.5.1, we observed this issue with one presentation which contained Animations. Does this issue also occurs with other types of features or objects?

Please tell us which PowerPoint features we need to avoid so that we do not see these extra tags.

Please resolve this issue as soon as possible as we eagerly want to migrate to Aspose.Slides JAVA 15.6.0 version.

Thanks
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

Than you for sharing the additional details with us. I have observed your comments and like to share that the issue is still unresolved at the moment. However, I have appended the additional information shared by you in our issue tracking system with associated ticket for our product team consideration. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

I observed a specific behavior with Aspose Slides Java 15.6.0 for PowerPoint containing animations.

I tried a very simple code given below with may PowerPoint presentation containing animations:

public void testPresentationWithAnimations(){

Presentation ppt=new Presentation(“AnimationsWithSlideContent.pptx”);
ppt.save(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_1.pptx”);

Presentation ppt=new Presentation(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_1.pptx”);
ppt.save(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_2.pptx”);

Presentation ppt=new Presentation(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_2.pptx”);
ppt.save(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_3.pptx”);

Presentation ppt=new Presentation(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_3.pptx”);
ppt.save(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_4.pptx”);

Presentation ppt=new Presentation(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_4.pptx”);
ppt.save(“AnimationsWithSlideContent_5.pptx”);

}

Number of tags present in following PowerPoint Presentations:

1. AnimationsWithSlideContent.pptx: 1
2. AnimationsWithSlideContent_1.pptx: 10
3. AnimationsWithSlideContent_2.pptx: 94
4. AnimationsWithSlideContent_3.pptx: 94
5. AnimationsWithSlideContent_4.pptx: 94
6. AnimationsWithSlideContent_5.pptx: 94

I observed that extra tags being generated only for first two save and after that tags count remains constant.This behavior is not only limited to this PowerPoint. I noticed same behavior with other PowerPoint presentations which consists of animations.

Attaching sample presentations for your reference.

Hoping this information may help you in resolving this issue.

Thanks
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

Thank you for sharing the additional details with us. I have shared the information with our product team and I am hopeful that it will be helpful in resolving the issue. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34931) have been fixed in this update.