Getting Open/Save dialog twice

Hello, I'm seeing some strange behavior when saving an Excel doc down from the web server. After generating an Excel doc and streaming it back to the client, 2 Open/Save dialogs are being displayed to the user when clicking on Open. Is there any fix for this? The solution using Aspose.Excel is as ASP.NET/C# web app.

It’s a problem of client browser. Please install all windows patches in your client machine.

If the issue is with windows patches, then why do I only get 1 Open/Save dialog when pulling an excel file down from another site? Which Windows patch are you referring to? I'm not convinced it could be a Windows Patch since I don't get this same behaviour from other sources. Also, we're not using the trial version, we have 2 Developer OEM license's($4000+).

1. Some other users had met this problem and when they update their windows, this issue is solved. I had also met this problem and solved it in the same way.

2. You can try the following code to generate the same problem without using Aspose.Excel.

FileStream fs1 = new FileStream("d:\\invoice.xls", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
byte[] data1 = new byte[fs1.Length];
fs1.Read(data1, 0, data1.Length);

this.Response.ContentType = "application/xls";

//In Aspose.Excel, if OpenInBrowser option specified, we use the following response header

Response.AddHeader( "content-disposition","inline; filename=book1.xls");

//In Aspose.Excel, if OpenInExcel option specified, we use the following response header

// Response.AddHeader( "content-disposition","attachment; filename=book1.xls");

Response.BinaryWrite(data1);
Response.End();

Other develpers met the same problem. Please check http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Browser_Issues/Q_20876347.html . They don't use Aspose.Excel.

3. If you don't find this problem from other sites to pull Excel files, I think they provide a url to download files, not directly send through Http Response object.

In your program, you can save the file to the disk on your server and provide a url link for your users to download. Then this problem will not occur.

4. You can also try to access your application through a machine which installed all windows patches.

5. I don't know which fix can solve this problem for I cannot find any announcement on microsoft web site. So it's better to install all windows patches.

Laurence,

Thanks for the info. That makes sense if an actual file is being downloaded and not being streamed. I'll see what MS patches my local box need and install one by one until I only get one Open/Save dialog. I'll then let you know exactly which patch fixed so you can tell others that might come across this same issue. Smile [:)]

I really appreciate for your help.