Getting OUT OF MEMORY (PERM GEN Exception)

Hi Team,

I am using aspose trail version api (word, cell, pdf) and developed code to add watermark,password and digital signature to these files (.docx, .xlsx, .pdf files). Everything works fine as standalone program when I integrate the code in Web application I will be receiving PERM Gen Exception most of the times (after 2 or 3 operations are done). Is this restriction due to trail version please update me. We are planning to purchase the full version.

Regards
balu

Hi Balu,

Apparently this is not due to evaluation limitations however you can follow the instructions given at http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx to get a free temporary license and confirm if applying a license resolves the issue.

If the problem persists, please share your application and a few sample documents to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I’m having the same problem using temporary license. My java application coverts cells, slides and docs files. It uses default memory:
- maxpermsize: 64M
- maxServerHeap=2048M

Should I increase maxpermsize? How much?
It’s normal that aspose uses more permgen memory than default?

Many thanks and best regards.

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for the inquiry. Please download and use the latest version of Aspose.Slides, Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Words APIs. However, if the latest versions cause the same error on your side, then please share your source documents, code examples and the details of working environment. It’ll help us to replicate this error on our side. We’ll investigate and reply you appropriately. Your response is awaited.

Hi Imran,

our customer has using last versions. This error verifies after 2 days of testing, At the beginning of the tests the solution, convertions worked fine.

I prepared a zip containing source documents and convertion codes.

Should be a good temporary solution to increase maxpermsize of Java?

Thank you for the help.

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for the sample documents and codes. We have tested your source documents against the Aspose.Words for Java 17.2.0, Aspose.Cells for Java 17.02.0 and Aspose.Slides for Java 17.1 respectively. We can convert ODT and ODS files perfectly on our side. However, Aspose.Slides API generates PDF files with 1 KB in size. It can also not read ODP file and shows “not supported format” error. We’re further investigating PPTX and ODP files. We’ll share our findings with you shortly.
a.vittoriods:
Should be a good temporary solution to increase maxpermsize of Java?
You can adjust the maxpermsize as per the source file size and working environment. We have tested your documents with 256m maxpermsize.