Getting started: How do I convert HTML to Word?

Hi there,

I am interested in testing your product to do HTML → Word conversion. I have been browsing the docs at Authenticating API Requests|Documentation and see some basic info and examples of how to do authentication and a vague idea of how to request things on the file system, but can’t find a breakdown that makes sense of how to actually go about sending in a URL and getting back a DOC with the Words module. Where should I begin?

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your inquiry. First off, I would like to update you that the Saaspose is renamed as Aspose for Cloud and merged with Aspose. All the relevant material and support will be provided through Aspose.com. Second, I’m sorry to share with you that you cannot convert an HTML to DOC file format in a single API call. A new issue to support HTML to Word conversion in a single API call has already been logged into our issue tracking system as SAASWEBCORE-464. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

At present, you can use Saaspose.Pdf to create PDF from HTML and then convert PDF to DOC. This requires at least 2 API calls. Please download the latest version of the Java SDK from here and have a look at the following REST and SDK examples.

API Page:

https://apireference.aspose.cloud/pdf/#/Convert

For starting purposes, you need to sign up for the Saaspose trial account and get AppSID and AppKey for the authentication purposes. Furthermore, please go through this helping link. You can also download Java sample projects (using REST and SDK) from these links:

Please let me know in case of further assistance and questions.