We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Getting warnings related to ruby characters

Hi

i am converting .docx file to HTML. I want to get notified when a japanese ruby character is present in document. I already use following call back while loading document-

=======================================================================

LoadOptions loadOptionsToFindWarnings = new LoadOptions();
loadOptionsToFindWarnings.setWarningCallback(new IWarningCallback(){
@Override
public void warning(WarningInfo arg0) throws Exception {
System.out.println("Warnings: " + arg0.getDescription());
} 
} );

com.aspose.words.Document wordDocument = new com.aspose.words.Document(doc, loadOptionsToFindWarnings);

================================================================

I am getting same set of warnings for a document containing ruby characters and the one without ruby characters -

Warnings: Tag with name ‘effectStyleLst’ is not supported.
Warnings: Tag with name ‘objectDefaults’ is not supported.
Warnings: Tag with name ‘extraClrSchemeLst’ is not supported.

Is there any warning related to japanese ruby text?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from https://docs.aspose.com/words/

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your query. It would be great if you please share your document for investigation purposes.

Hi team,

I have a similar usecase. I am attaching the word document with sample ruby characters. Can you help confirm when Ruby and other tags will be supported? I looked into the document.xml in the docx file and some of the information for Ruby was well-formed inside that XML.

regards,

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the following warning message while loading Docx into Aspose.Words DOM.

Import of element ‘ruby’ is not supported in Docx format by Aspose.Words.

I have used the following code example to test this scenario.

HandleDocumentWarningsonLoad callback = new HandleDocumentWarningsonLoad();
LoadOptions loadOptionsToFindWarnings = new LoadOptions();
loadOptionsToFindWarnings.WarningCallback = callback;
Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "VerticalTtextTestSample.docx", loadOptionsToFindWarnings);
public class HandleDocumentWarningsonLoad : IWarningCallback
{
    public void Warning(WarningInfo info)
    {
        Console.WriteLine(info.Description);
    }
}

For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10002. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Regarding your query, It would be great if you please share what exact you want to achieve by using Aspose.Words. We will then provide you more information about your query along with code.
Are you converting your Word document into some other file format?

Appreciate the quick followup Tahir, I work with Deepak …

We are converting the DOC file into HTML.

From your response, should we understand that Aspose has no support for Japanese Ruby characters?

Thanks,

Jeremy

>> Regarding your query, It would be great if you please share what exact you want to achieve by using Aspose.Words. We will then provide you more information about your query along with code.

Tahir, we want capability on Aspose to read Ruby characters and other rotated characters in these Japanese Vertical word documents ( sample in the document I provided earlier ). We are evaluating if Aspose could fit our needs in this usecase. This support is needed for one of our internationalization projects.

Let us know when Aspose can support Ruby/RotatedNumber and other variants that arent yet supported in the sample document I provided you.

regards,

Deepak

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have logged the shared detail in WORDSNET-10002. We will update you via this forum thread once this feature is supported. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10002) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.