We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Global named range as data source of a chart

Hi,

I’m using Aspose.Cells for opening an Excel-file and adding some data and saving it under another name.
The Excel-file includes a chart that depends on a named global range.
When I open the original Excel-file, under data source of the chart, I see something like “=MD_Widerstandspruefung.xlsx!R_1_SOLL” under row values. So it includes the original file name.
After changing data and saving the Excel under a new name, it does not work anymore (“corrupt data…”).

Until now, I used .xls format and it worked. Now I wanted to switch to .xlsx and the problem showed up.

I tried to look at the values of the chart with Aspose.Cells using “excel.Worksheets[3].Charts[0].NSeries[1].Values” to change the name of the file there, but that value only contains some data and not “=MD_Widerstandspruefung.xlsx!R_1_SOLL”, what I was expecting.

How to solve the problem?
sincerely,
matthias

Hi,

Kindly create a sample console application, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

By the way, which version of the product your are using?

Thank you.

Hi,

we are using DLL version 5.1.3.0.

The sample application will take some time...

sincerely,

matthias

Hi,

Thanks for the version details, we will be waiting for your sample application.

Thank you.

Hi,

I attached a sample application.

The application opens an excel file (containing a diagram; the excel file is included in the zip), adds some data and saves the file under a new name.

When starting "AsposeTest.exe Test.xls" (old excel format), everything works fine, the output file has an updated diagram.

When starting "AsposeTest.exe Test.xlsx", the data is added, but the diagram does not update...

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

After an initial test, I can find the issue regarding XLSX file format, it works fine with XLS file format though (as you mentioned).

I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSNET-20553. We will figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

thanks for creating an issue. Can you tell me how long it will take to find a solution for it? We have a custormer waiting and I have to tell him something...

sincerely,

matthias

Hi,

We have started working on your issue, it will be fixed soon. Normally a bug is fixed within 2 - 5 days depending on the complexity involved in resolving it, it may vary in different scenarios.

Keep in touch.

Hi,

Please try the attached version v5.1.3.4, we have fixed the issue.

Thank you

Hi,

thank you, that seems to solve the problem!! I will have to test it at our customers, but a local tests was already working...

Thank you!

Matthias Wohlmann

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 20553) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.