Export Glossary Documents and its content to HTML

When attempting to save a BuildingBlock as HTML, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Children nodes of GlossaryDocument aren't supported!
	at com.aspose.words.zzZVJ.zzYN(Unknown Source)
	at com.aspose.words.Node.toString(Unknown Source)

Why can I not save nodes inside the GlossaryDocument in the same was as other nodes? How can I work around this?

@rocketraman

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please create a simple Java application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Document:

GalleryDoc.zip (14.3 KB)

Code:

Document d = new Document("GalleryDoc.dotx");
d.getGlossaryDocument().getBuildingBlocks().get(0).getSections().get(0).toString(SaveOptions.createSaveOptions(SaveFormat.HTML));

@rocketraman

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19632. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

I see you have logged it as a WORDSNET issue. Just so we’re clear, I’m using Java.

@rocketraman

Please note that Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. In your case, the issue which was logged with WORDSNET prefix, would be auto resolved for Java variant of Aspose.Words.

1 Like

@rocketraman

The issue you are facing is not a bug rather it is missing feature. Aspose.Words does not support export of Glossary documents and any of its content to HTML. We have logged this feature as WORDSNET-19741. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.