First of all, some background: I have been using aspose.words and aspose.pdf in version 220.127.116.11 for the past several years. My workflow is as follows:
- Use aspose.words to generate a word document from html source.
- Save the word document as a doc file for my users to access.
- Add a table of contents to the document.
- Save the word document as Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.AsposePdf XML file to convert to PDF.
- Use BindXML to convert the XML file into a pdf for my users to access.
It recently came to my attention that occasionally in step 5 spaces were being lost between words. The spaces appeared in the XML file but not in the resulting pdf file I tried updating to a newer version of Aspose.pdf and the missing space issue went away. However, I am encountering other issues, including the fact that in my table of contents page numbers are being replaced by the string 888. I encountered this particular issue in using version 4.1.2 as well as 9.3.0. Is there a document that instructs how to migrate from aspose.pdf 18.104.22.168 to later versions?
I am attaching the xml file that is generated and the pdf files that were generated with v22.214.171.124 and v6.3.0 so you can see the difference.