Good morning- is it posible to see a sample of this software specially the Create Table of Contents- List of Tables or List of Figures for PDF documents

is it posible to see a sample of this software specially the Create Table of Contents, List of Tables or List of Figures for PDF documents. I need to be able to sell this product to my boss, I need to show that reporting services can create the TOC on the fly and integrate with the database.

Thanks.

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

I need to know how to build the TOC in the report or RDL so it can display in PDF format using Aspose.PDF…?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services Documentation - Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I am pleased to inform you that Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services supports the feature of generating Table of Contents, List of Tables or List of Figures in PDF document while converting .RDL report. For more related information, please visit the following link Table of Contents/List of Tables or Figures

In case you face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thanks for the response, Do I need a newer version of Aspose.PDF to preform this task...? I'm currently runing 1.7.0

Hi,

Please try using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 1.8.0 available over this link. In case you encounter any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

I was watching your videos and I saw a sample that you (Nayyer Shahbaz) had created it was call Report_ToC.rdl

Is it posible to get that sample?

Hi,

Sorry for replying you late.

Please find attached the complete project of Creating TOC when converting .RDL file into PDF format using Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services. In case you face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

I am in the process of considering buying your product

I am trying to test your provided example with the latest Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.1.0 and SSRS 2008 R2 to generate TOC.

However, the PDF generetaed did not include TOC. Do you have any idea ? Does the latest Aspose.Pdf work well tih SQL Server 2008 R2?

Many thanks

Hello John,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I am working over this query and will get back to you soon. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer

Thanks for your quick response

I am looking forward to your solution.

Cheers,
John

Hello John,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices 2.1.0 over Windows XP SP3 where my SQL ReportingServices version is 2008 SP2 and I am unable to notice any problem while creating TOC. Please try using the attached solution to test the scenario. Please take a closer look over the PDF document in attachment as it contains the detailed steps on how to create TOC in resultant PDF. Please take a look over the attached resultnat PDF with TOC that I have generated.

In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, There is an issue while rendering images in resultant PDF (images are scaled to large value when generating TOC). The problem is already logged in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-17080. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction.