Google Docs style application

Hi Support,

I wanted to know if aspose have any API to design a google docs style application, as its one of the requirement for us.

Cheers,
ValuePRO

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

Aspose.Cells is suite of 3 separate components which are as following.

1 - Aspose.Cells for .NET
2 - Aspose.Cells for GridWeb
3 - Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop

The first one is general purpose and a class library which can create and manipulate Excel documents without the need to install Microsoft Excel.

We think, you can use the second one for your needs. It creates an Excel like Grid in ASP.NET web application.

The third one also creates Excel like Grid but it creates it in WinForm (Desktop) applications.

I have attached the sample web application project that uses Aspose.Cells for GridWeb and creates Excel like Grid in web application for you to test. I have also attached the screenshots showing how it looks while running.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for your response. Haven’t said that looks like its not working for IE. I get a error message saying “unknown browser”. Can you please help me on this.

Also Once the changes are done I would like to have the file back to server, is this possible.

Cheers,
ValuePRO

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Aspose.Cells for GridWeb provides two methods.

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.ImportExcelFile() method loads file from the server inside the GridWeb

While

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.SaveToExcelFile() saves GridWeb into a file or memory stream.

You can use these methods to load file from server and save file to server.

I have attached the sample project that should also be runnable on Internet Explorer that explains how to load or save file to server from GridWeb.

Please read the readme.docx file attached by me for more help.

In order to run the GridWeb on Internet Explorer, I have added the following line in the head section.

You can also try changing this line into IE9 like this