Google Document Support

Hi,
One of our customer wants to use Google Document instead of Microsoft . But I am not sure that Aspose support this formats or not.
Do you have support about converting to pdf a google document ?.
Can we give security format to a google document ? (e.g Password security or only readabble not editable)
Can we do replacement with words in a google document(e.g Replace with ELif Çıtlak)?

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

We have separate API for individual office file format i.e. Aspose.Words for .NET offers the feature to create as well as manipulate existing MS Word files. Aspose.Cells for .NET provides the capabilities to create as well as manipulate MS Excel format formats and Aspose.Slides provides the feature to create as well as manipulate existing MS PowerPoint presentations. Now concerning to your requirement on manipulating/converting Google documents formats, I am afraid these formats are not supported.

Aspose.Cells cannot deal with native Google Spreadsheet format unless it is downloaded in MS-Excel format. Aspose.Slides also do not support Google Slides but we have added an issue with ID SLIDESNET-38979 as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing requested support. Similar is the case with Aspose.Words. Unless the document is not downloaded/saved in MS Word format, the API cannot manipulate this format.

Now concerning to applying security restrictions/access privileges, there are two options to accomplish this requirement. Once Google documents are saved in supported format (Aspose supported formats), you can load these documents and apply security restrictions while converting them to PDF format. Or, perform the conversion of these files to PDF format using individual API and then try using Aspose.Pdf for .NET to apply security privileges over these documents. For more information, please visit

Aspose.Slides for .NET
Converting to Password Protected PDF

Aspose.Words for .NET

Aspose.Cells for .NET
Encrypting Excel Files

Aspose.Pdf for .NET