Got error when exporting my report to any of the formats Aspose.slides provides

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose.Slides for reporting service.

I installed the latest version 3.4.0.1 of Aspose.Slides.ReportService using msi file. After installation, I am testing the installation using our exiting reports. when I tried to export my reports to any one of format provided by Aspose.Slides extension, it fails. Our reportserver is Sql Server 2008 R2.

What have I missed? Please help!

Hua Yang

SHI International Corp

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Install Manually - Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services

My repporting service is SQL 2008 R2. It is running on the operating system Windows Server 2003 R2 x64. After I installed the Aspose.slides for reporting service, none of formats it provides worked for me.

Does anyone know if Aspose.Slide supports Sql 2008 R2 Reporting service running on windows server 2003 R2 x64 editionfdf?

Thanks

Hua Yang

Dear Hua,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Aspose.Slides for .NET should work with MS Windows Server 2003 and it must have no problem. However, I have not yet encountered a scenario whereby by SQL Server 2008 environment is installed on MS Windows Server 2003. I need to verify this fact and will share the information with you ASAP.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

My operating system is x64 bit. Is Apose.Slides compatible with x64 bit?

thank you.

Dear Hua,

Aspose.Slides for RS is compatible to work with x64 bit environment. I have verified working of MS Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2008 installed and things worked fine for me. Since Aspose.Slides for RS also support x64 bit, so it can be inferred that the scenario given by you must work. Please share the exact problem you are encountering while report generation. Some snapshot of the error will be really helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Have you tried it on SQL 2008 R2. reporitng service? Does the Aspose.Slides for reporting service works for SQL 2008 R2 reporting service?

the error messaage is attached.

Thanks

Dear Hua,

We are working on your specified issue. An issue with ID 17670 has been created in our issue tracking system for further verification. As soon as some information is shared by our team, I will be happy to help you out.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Any progress? We need the software by mid of July.

Thanks

Hua

Dear Hua,

I regret to inform you that the issue specified by you is still unresolved. As soon as some positive information is received from our development team, I will be really obliged to share that with you.

Dear Hua,

Please share the stack trace log file as our development team needs to have that for further investigation. The shared image does not completely describe the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

The log files are attatched.

Thanks

Hi,

I attached logfiles in my previous post. Are they what you need?

Thanks

Hua

Dear Hua,

Thanks for sharing necessary stack trace log files as they will be really helpful for our development team in resolution of issue. If we may need some thing more, we will request for your cooperation.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

We were force to upgrad this past weekend to the same environment described above and are seeing the same problems. Are there any updates on Issue 17670?

Dear Leslie,

I regret to inform you that the above mentioned issue is still under investigation and as soon as some information is shared by our development team, I will be obliged in sharing that with you.

Any Updates on this Issue? Timeline? Anything?

Hello Dear,

I would like to share with you that our development team has investigated the issue in detail and it has been observed the MS changed all standard RS libraries again, so RS2008R2 is not supported and there will be separate version of DLL for R2. Hopefully, the fix may be available in coming 2 months time but still we cannot promise any time line unfortunately.

Thanks and Regards,

In two months? It is dispointing for us. Please send me an email when the fix is released.

thanks

Hello Dear,

We are aware of your inconvenience but at the same time we are striving hard for the resolution. As soon as issue is resolved, we will share the information with you.

Once again, we feel sorry for your inconvenience,

Looking for any update… Please.