Grid Desktop Format Cell UI and Cell Color

It seems to have Cell Color to stick when changing the cell color you need the pattern to be set to anything other than none.
When you use the context menu to change the cell color it seems to set style.pattern back to NONE. And the UI Provides no way for a user to control the pattern in use.

Code Example:
Cell = GridDesktop1.GetActiveWorksheet.Cells(“B40”)
style = Cell.GetStyle()
style.Pattern = Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.GridBackgroundType.Solid
style.Color = Color.Red
Cell.SetStyle(style)
Using Provided Test App.
Click in Cell A8
Right Click Select Format Cells

Got to the Font Tab and Select a different Cell Comatainse pop up now cell is white with out a pattern set.
Side Note: The Locked Check Box doesn’t seem to maintain changes either.

AposeExcelGrid_FormatColor.zip (70.9 KB)

@SEMSDev,

Thanks for the sample project with details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found an Issue with CellColor when using the context menu (Format Cells…|Font) to change a cell’s shading color which does not do anything but to always set its pattern type to NONE. In short, using UI there is no way to control the pattern type in use. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45735” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@SEMSDev

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45735 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Thanks for the update

@SEMSDev,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v17.10.4.

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

My initial testing this looked to fix the issues.
Thanks again for your fast response to this issue.

@SEMSDev

Thanks for sharing good news with us and using Aspose APIs.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45735) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.11 update.

Please also check the following article: