Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Grid Dropdown values missing after upgrade from v1.9.1.0 to v1.9.2.0- v1.9.3.0- and v1.9.4.0

I have a web application that we built originally with Aspose.Grid v1.9.1.0. The grid is programatically created by creating BindColumns, setting their properties, adding a Validation of type "ValidationType.DropDownList" and then inserting the BindColumn into the BindColumns collection.

The problem doesn't seem to be related with how the Validation object's validation list members are added. In one column, I use the Validation.LoadValueList() method to load the Validation object's validation list from a DataView object. In another column I use the Validation.ValueList.Add() method to add static list members. If I upgrade the componet to any version high than v1.9.1.0, the drop-down list boxes can be activated, but they do not have any of the lookup values in them when I drop them down. Clicking in the blank list area does not collapse the list box, so I do not think that this is an issue of white text on a white background.

Furthermore when I click off of the drop-down list box, the cell displays the value "undefined".

If I roll back to the Aspose.Grid v1.9.1.0 DLL, my values appear as expected and the chosen lookup value is saved when I select a list item.

Thank you,

Mark

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We will figure it out soon.

Hi,

We did some test and didn't encounter your problem. Please tell us more about your environment such as OS, .net version, VS version, Browser, etc. And could you create a sample project illustrates this problem and post it here?

Thank you.

Henry,

The development system is running on Windows XP SP2.

.NET 2.0 with SP1 (version 2.0.50727.42 to be exact). .NET 1.1 is installed, but is not being used for this project.

Browser is IE 6.0 SP2 (version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254 ).

I'll try to extract the pages from my application into a generic sample that exhibits the problem.

Thank you,

Mark

Henry,

In addition to the operating system and development system information I provided earlier, I am using the control in the DotNetNuke (DNN) Framework v4.5.3.

The Aspose.Grid control is in an .ascx page that is opened within the DNN framework. The page inherits from the DNN PortalModuleBase object.

Again Aspose.Grid v1.9.0.1 worked. Any version greater than v1.9.1.0 does not.

I would continue to run v1.9.0.1, but I need some of the new functionality added in v1.9.0.4.

Thank you,

Mark

Hi,

Do you add the agw_client_path and force_script_path directer to the web.config? If so, please check that the client path folder contains the latest version of client files(*.htc, *.js, etc.). If not, may be you should clear your browser's cache and try again.

Henry,

I checked and both of the path directives are already in my project.

I compared the Aspose install directory copy of agw_client against my project and found several differences. I refreshed my project's agw_client folder from the Aspose install directory and now it appears to be working.

Thank you,

Mark