Grid - Not autocalculting with Master page and Content page

Hi,

We have added a grid control to the aspx content page (with a master page) and have enabled the Ajax functionality. When we enter the numbers in the grid, the formula column is not autocalculating as it does when the control is not in a content page but in a regular aspx page. We have to click on the 'submit edit result and recalculate all formulas' to make it work. Is there a way we can make it work without clicking on the submit button.

Also, does the grid compenent work with .Net 3.0 and VS2008?

Thanks,

Vineet

Hi Vineet,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We will check it soon. I think you may utilize the following line of code:

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.RunAllFormulas();

The control can work on .NET 3.0, could you test it and give us your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I appreciate the quick response but I am not sure where should I add that line of code for it to auto-calculate. I have tried the SheetDataUpdate and other events that I could think off.

Thanks,

Vineet

Hi Vineet,

Well, after editing cells data in the worksheet, you have to click edit submit, save or sheet tab buttons you recalculates all the formulas on grid. And my line of code actually provides the way if you want to calculate formulas on some custom button or some other grid event etc.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I understand that we have to click some button or call an event for it to auto-calculate, but then how does it work on a normal aspx page? There I do not do anything except enable Ajax. So, the Ajax works in normal aspx page but not in the Master page/content page scenario?

Thanks,

Vineet

Hi,

We will check it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have confirmed that this is a bug. We will fix it within one week.

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I am having this problem too. Took me a while to figure out it was the master / content page causing the issue. I guess I should have came to this forum early. I’m happy to hear that a fix will be availiable next week. I’m happy to be a tester if you need one.

Thanks,

Hi,

Please try the pre-released version 2.0. This version only works with .net 2.0.

Hi Henry,

Where can I download the 2.0 pre-release ??

Hi,

Please see the attachment of my last post.