GridDesktop 9.0.0 (Cut/Copy): Formula is lost

Hello,

When copying cell with formula, formula is lost.

Steps:
1-enter a valid formula
2-copy or cut the cell
3-the destination cell only contains the value -> No more formula

Best Regards

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

I have tested your scenario/ case a bit and I am unable to reproduce the issue by following your steps:
e.g
1) Enter some values into A1 and A2 cells
2) Enter formula i.e., “=Sum(A1:A2)” into A3 cell
3) Now copy the cell (A3) using CTRL+C
4) Now select some other cell e.g D3 and paste there using CTRL+V

Please double click on the destination cell to see the formula.

If you still find the issue, kindly give us some screenshots or a demo video to show your steps to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hello,

thanks for quick answer.

I always experience the same problem, even if i double-click
See the screenshots attached

I have also attach a sample project

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

I have tested your scenario/ case using your sample project and I was able to reproduce the issue on my end. The strange thing is I cannot reproduce it in a separate project (where I simply place the Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control onto the form) using CTRL + C (to copy a formulated cell content) to paste (via CTRL + V) into some other cell, the formula is copied accordingly in the destination cell. I think we need to evaluate your issue thoroughly using your provided project (as your project is somehow large). We appreciate if you could create a separate project (to make it more simpler where you paste the Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control and use very few lines of code (if required)), zip the project to provide us here to show the issue on our end, we will check it soon. Moreover, this will help us to evaluate your issue precisely to consequently figure it out in quick time.

Thank you.

Hello,

I change the “EnableClipboardCopyPaste” from True to False, and now it works!
The formula is well copied.

May be a bug in the other side.

Hello,

But the bug still exists when the “EnableClipboardCopyPaste” propertie is set.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details.

As we already observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project (https://forum.aspose.com/t/25308). I found that using Cut/Copy & Paste operation, formula is lost in the destination cell. Also, if we change the “EnableClipboardCopyPaste” attribute from True to False, it works as expected. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44788” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue thoroughly. Well, when EnableClipboardCopyPaste option is set to true, it just uses the clipboard content only. When you copy content from MS Excel, you can paste it to any text editor, and you will see it only copies the value for a formula cell, so you cannot keep the formula intact in this option.

Thank you.