GridDesktop Evaluation Feedback

Hi Aspose Team,

I am very interested in the Apose GridDesktop component. I have evaluated this component for our needs and found that the component does a good job opening Excel files in general however there are some things that would make the component better for our needs:

1. The column header text is vertically aligned too far to the top. It would look more professional if it was aligned vertically in the centre just like MS Excel does. The same applies to the row headers. We think this should be the default setting instead of vertically aligning to the top.

2. It would be good to have an API to change the style of both row and headers also.

3. The sheets bar tabs should render more nicely. The black lines on the tabs appear to have pixels missing! Also the selected tab should look more professional.

4. In the API the GridDesktop Worksheet object is different to the Aspose.Cells Worksheet object. It would have been good to be able to have the same API for both so that Aspose.Cells and GridDesktop have common API.

5. When a workbook that has a worksheet with no columns and rows is opened the GridDesktop displays only one column “A” and no rows. It is impossible for the user to add more rows making it non user friendly. The workaround is to programmatically add rows and columns to the worksheets if no row or columns exit and then display the worksheet. However this is problematic because when the workbook is saved those blank rows and columns are also saved to the worksheets.

6. I would like to delete blank rows and columns from the GridDesktop worksheet before saving it. Currently Aspose.Cells has methods for doing this such as sheet.Cells.DeleteBlankRows(); but GridDesktop does not seem to have this.

I have attached screenshots for issues 1 and 3 to more clearly show what I mean. For our needs issue 1 and 6 are highest priority for us. Please let me know if there is a workaround available.

Regards,
Paul

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop.

Please download and use the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridDesktop v2.7.5.2000
and let us know your feedback.

Please see, Aspose.Cells for .NET and Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop are two separate components. They might have similar API(s) but they are in different namespaces.

For your questions, please refer to Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop documentation.

Documentation - Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop

For the styles related information relating to GridDesktop component, please see this documentation link.

Applying Styles on Cells

For issue 4, you can convert workbook object into GridDesktop and Aspose.Cells for .NET and viceversa by saving the worbook object into a memory stream and then creating a new workbook object by loading the memory stream.

For issue 5, please create a sample project replicating the problem, we will look into it and fix the problem.

Also, I have logged your issues in our database. Development team will look into these issues and fix the problems mentioned by you and once we have some update or fix available for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40616.

Hi,

We have fixed this bug: The column header text is vertically aligned too far to the top

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.7.5.2001.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40616) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.