GridDesktop: FormulaBar shows error message on every key press

Just discovered this component and did a first test.

I tried to enter a formula “=SUM(A1,B1)” in the FormulaBar. After having typed the opening bracket, every further keypress results in an error message “Unclosed: …”, see attached screenshot.
formula_editor.png (17.5 KB)

If you press the ESC key to close the message box, behavior is even worse - it instantly pops up again. It works if you click the “OK” button.

Here is my sample:
AsposeGridDesktopTest.zip (4.7 KB)

Is this the expected behavior? If yes: it is rather uncomfortable :wink:

Best regards

Wolfgang

@wknauf,

Thanks for the sample project.

I did test your scenario/case in MS Excel manually a bit. I put "=SUM("in the formula bar for D2 cell and then press enter, it gives me similar error message, see the screenshot attached for your reference.
scshot1.png (72.2 KB)

@amjad.sahi

In my sample, I did NOT press ENTER. The error message was shown after I typed the opening bracket and wanted to continue typing, and it is shown for each other key I press. This is probably not be excel behavior ;-).

@wknauf,

Thanks for providing further details.

You might be right as we need to evaluate the issue thoroughly in Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control. We will do it and back to you soon.

@wknauf
Thanks. We can reproduce this issue. We will fix it soon.
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-54721

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-54721) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

Thanks, I can confirm that the error message is gone.

But now, the control does not show any error message on invalid formulas, e.g. when entering “=ABC(A1,A2)”. I thought this would be handled by the new property “ShowFormulaWarning”?

@wknauf,

Good to know that your original issue is resolved by the new vesion.

We will look into it and get back to you soon.

@wknauf
we now only support show error message
when you entered wrong parameter etc. =sin(1,3)
or incomplete formula etc. =sum(A1:
for invalidate formula name or unsupported formula,which result cell value shows as #NAME? ,
we yet does not show the error message.
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-54891

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.