We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

GridDeskTop issue

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Cells.GridDeskTop.dll for .net version 2.7.1.2000. If I load grid using stream the charts in the excel files are not visible in the grid. Please find sample code for your reference and also i attached the test document.

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(fileName);

grdExcel.ImportExcelFile(workbook.SaveToStream(), false);

Note: Sheet "Temperature, Strain and Temperature(2)" are empty in GridDeskTop control

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I was able to see the problem, also the file does not load in gridweb. I have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix the problem and update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40209.

Hi,

It works fine as I tested with GridDesktop v2.7.1.xxx by directly loading the file to it.

My sample code is like following:

this.gridDesktop1.Clear();
this.gridDesktop1.ImportExcelFile(“e:\test2\Copy+of+PLOT+combinato+aTB+startracker+cold.xlsx”);

Since you are saving the file to stream by Aspose.Cells library. I think you should save the file to stream by the following way and do no use SaveToStream as this method is used to save to XLS file format.

Here is my complete sample code that works fine (I use both Aspose.Cells library and GridDesktop control APIs):

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“e:\test2\Copy+of+PLOT+combinato+aTB+startracker+cold.xlsx”);
MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
workbook.Save(ms, Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Xlsx);
ms.Position = 0;
this.gridDesktop1.ImportExcelFile(ms, false);

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Is above procedure will suit for all the file formats. I mean if I want to load xls, xlsb,.etc files, can I use Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat.Xlsx to load that document into Grid control.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

Yes, apparently it should work fine for your needs.
Also, as I said, you may directly open/load your xls, xlsx, xlsb files to GridDesktop,e .g
e.g
FileStream fs = File.Open(strpath, FileMode.OpenOrCreate);
gridDesktop1.ImportExcelFile(fs, false);
fs.Close();

Thank you.

Hi,

If the excel document has any hidden rows, it is visible in Grid desk top control. But the hidden columns are still not visible. How to make hidden rows visibility false.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

Could you give us your template file (that has hidden rows), we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please find the attached template for your reference.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Hi,

It works fine. The hidden row(Row no 3 in the first worksheet) remains invisible in the GridDesktop. I am using v2.7.1.2001.

Here is a sample code that I am using with:
this.gridDesktop1.ImportExcelFile(“e:\test2\HiddenRow.xlsx”);

Please try the attached version (v2.7.1.2001).

Thank you.