We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

GridDesktop - object creation slow

Hello ASPOSE Tech Support
I have a .NET UserControl within which I have a Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.GridDesktop object.
Within the UserControl’s boilerplate InitializeComponent() the creation of the GridDesktop object (new Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.GridDesktop()) is taking a long time.
Depending on the speed of the underlying hardware this can take from 1s to a whopping 60s!!

We are using Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.dll version 9.0.0.0

Here are some sample creation times:

10 seconds - Windows 7, Intel® Core™ i5-4590 CPU @ 3.330GHz 3.30 GHz, 8.00GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System

14 seconds - Windows 7 VM running app locally, Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz (2 processors), 4.00GB RAM. 64-bit Operating System

58 seconds - Windows 10 VM running app from another machine, so from a network path, Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2630 v2 @2.60 2.59 GHz, 4.00GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System

4 seconds - Windows 7 Laptop with i5, 8GB RAM, 64-Bit OS, SSD

Is this a known issue, or is there some way we can optimise our systems to drastically increase the object creation time?

If necessary I can give you a sample application which reproduces this issue. Let me know if you wish that.

Jordan Walters, Tikit Limited.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details.

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v16.12.0 if it makes any difference, you may get the latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop after installing our latest Aspose.Cells for .NET package here:
http://downloads.aspose.com/cells/net/new-releases/aspose.cells-for-.net-16.12.0/

If you still find the issue, kindly do create a simple application (runnable) with v16.12.0 (GridDesktop), zip it and post us here to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hello

Thank you for your quick response. And for your suggestion.

Unfortunately one or more of our team members are still experiencing very slow load times.
Please find attached a zip Test application (TestMFCApp.exe within AsposeViewer - Test.zip).
Note: This requires Visual Studio 2015 VC runtime.

There are 2 tests, selectable by a checkbox. Clicking the Show button will then launch an MFC Wrapper dll for my C# UserControl which houses all the major Aspose.NET components, one of which is the Cells.GridDesktop (v16.1.0.0).

There is an output window which provides the load time for the UserControl with or without (depending on checkbox state) inclusion of Cells.GridDesktop

Our affected users notice that this is only a problem when first running in a new Windows session. I.e. to retest without restarting their PC, the subsequent app start-up and load are fast.
So to reproduce it is unfortunately necessary to restart their PCs.

I do not see this slow load speed on my PC. But then I have an SSD instead of a conventional disk hard drive. It seems to be confined PCs without SSD.

I have also included the Source solution for my test app, the MFC wrapper dll, and the C# user control dll.

I hope you are able to reproduce this issue, and provide a solution.

Thank you
Jordan Walters.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project and executable (application) file with dependencies.

I have executed your application file “TestMFCApp.exe”, it uses only two seconds to show the output message. I have also opened your source project and run it in VS.NET 2015, it uses 1 second to give the output message. In, short, I could not reproduce the issue on our end (OS: Windows 8 (64-bit), i7, 8GB RAM, etc.).

We will try to evaluate your issue further and using some other machines and get back to you.

Thank you.

Hello

Did you test load times on any other hardware set-ups?
Jordan Walters

Hi,

Well, we did try on some other machines but still could not reproduce the issue. For example, on a system (OS: Win10, i7, 8GB RAM), it takes about 1 second (0.91s) only.

Thank you.