Gridlines in Bar chart

Hi Team,
I am trying to hide the gridlines using the below code for the clustered bar chart. The same code is working fine for column chart but not for the bar chart. Can you please throw some pointers is there anything we need are not doing correct.

this.chart.getAxes().getHorizontalAxis().getMajorGridLinesFormat().getLine().setStyle(LineStyle.NotDefined);
this.chart.getAxes().getHorizontalAxis().getMinorGridLinesFormat().getLine().setStyle(LineStyle.NotDefined);
this.chart.getAxes().getVerticalAxis().getMajorGridLinesFormat().getLine().getFillFormat().setFillType(FillType.NoFill);
this.chart.getAxes().getVerticalAxis().getMinorGridLinesFormat().getLine().getFillFormat().setFillType(FillType.NoFill);

@ecethiagu2006,

I have observed the sample code shared by you and like to share that the last two lines of your sample code are sufficient to hide the axis. I request you to please share the working sample code along with source and generated presentation. We will investigate the issue further on our end to help you out.

Thanks and the issue was resolved now.