GridWeb becomes uneditable once saved

I have a GridWeb that I load from an Excel spreadsheet on page load.

I then make changes to it (EditMode = true) and Save the single worksheet. The WebGrid is still dsiplayed, but the user cannot edit any cells.

I have tried reloading the grid after the save, but that does not work either.

This is an eval copy of Cells for .Net.

Any suggestions?

I have attached both the aspx and cs files (ignore the first part of the cs file; relevant code starts on line 61),

Jim

Hi,

Please download and try the sample template project and let us know it works fine.

SampleTestGridWebProj.rar

It will help you know how to configure your GridWeb project that might help you resolves your uneditable problem.

Please also try the samples in GridWeb documentation and GridWeb offline demos.

1. Documentation - Aspose.Cells.GridWeb
  2. Offline C# Demos - Aspose.Cells.GridWeb

I have looked at the samples. Thanks.
It would appear that my issue of the grid becoming read-only after clicking Save only occurs when my page is associated with a Master page. Without having a Master, it works just fine. Since our application is based on a Master page, I do need to use it.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim

Hi,

Thanks for your looking into and feedback.

I will now require your sample project replicating the problem with master page as you mentioned.

It will help us look into your problem and we will be able to provide you a correct code or a fix if it is a bug.

Unfortunately, our project is huge and completely database driven, so
it’s not feasible to send you a working project. I have attached the
page with the issue as well as the master page and code behinds for
both.

As I mentioned in my previous post, if I convert the page to not use a
master, it works as expected. The one with the master will load with
data and I can edit it. It’s only when I save it (using the floppy
icon) that it becomes read-only.

This is an evaluation of Cells and I’ve had some great success with
building Excel files. If we can this GridWeb working, I’ll be very
happy :slight_smile:

Thanks for your assistance.

Jim

Hi,

Please try setting the XhtmlMode attribute and see if it works fine. Let me know if the problem still occurs.

XhtmlMode=“True”

<acw:GridWeb ID=“GridWeb1” runat=“server” Width=“893px” Height=“508px” OnSaveCommand=“GridWeb1_SaveCommand”
ShowLoading=“false” ActiveCellBgColor="" ActiveHeaderBgColor=""
ActiveHeaderColor="" XhtmlMode=“True”>
</acw:GridWeb>

Setting XhtmlMode = “True” had NO effect!

Hi,

I am attaching a sample project that uses Master page, it is working fine. I have checked it by saving the output file and editing the cell.

It uses the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.5.2001

Please download it and check it. I think, it will help you resolve your problem

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The latest code you provided did not resolve my issue, but I have found a solution. I had to place an AJAX panel around the GridWeb and disable AJAX on the ClientEvents-OnRequestStart event. See the code below. Note that I am using controls from Telerik.

<asp:Content ID=“Content” ContentPlaceHolderID=“ContentPlaceHolder” runat=“Server”>
<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID=“RadCodeBlock” runat=“server”>

</telerik:RadCodeBlock>
<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID=“RadAjaxPanel1” runat=“server” ClientEvents-OnRequestStart=“onRequestStart”>
<acw:GridWeb ID=“GridWeb1” runat=“server” Height=“238px” Width=“600px” PresetStyle=“Colorful2”
ShowLoading=“false” OnSaveCommand=“GridWeb1_SaveCommand” XhtmlMode=“true”>
</acw:GridWeb>
</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
</asp:Content>

Jim

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the solution. It is good to know that you problem is resolved now.

If you get any other question or face some problem, please let us know. We will help you asap.