We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

GridWeb culture date issue

Hi,

I’m facing an issue concerning GridWeb (v18.2) date cell format when culture is dynamically changed.
You will find here a sample project which will help you to reproduce the issue : https://we.tl/qLVwvkMUbd

Consider my environment as follow :

  • OS : Window7 French
  • IE 11 (French version)

When I execute the project, the default culture is French because my OS/browser is in french. So the A1 cell displays the date in the format dd/mm/aaaa which is correct. When I click on the A1 cell to switch to edit mode, the date keep the correct format dd/mm/aaaa.

Now I click on the button “Set US Culture”. This will change the culture to ENG and then reload the workbook. The A1 cell displays the date format like this : mm/dd/aaaa which is also correct. However when I click on the A1 cell to switch to edit mode the date format is changed to dd/mm/aaaa which is not correct because my culture is ENG.

Thanks,

@lswe,

Thanks for the sample project with details.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using your sample project and following your steps. I found an issue regarding culture date. I confirmed as you described, when I click on the button “Set US Culture”. This will change the culture to ENG and then reload the workbook. The A1 cell displays the date format like this : mm/dd/yyyy which is correct. However when I click on the A1 cell to switch to edit mode the date format is changed to dd/mm/yyyy format which is not correct because the culture is now ENG. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45959” for your issue. We will check if we could fix the issue or it is due to its design/environment or else and cannot be fixed.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Hi,

Do you have any update for me concerning the ticket CELLSNET-45959 ?

Thanks,

@lswe,

I am afraid, there is no update on your issue. I have logged your concerns against your issue “CELLSNET-45959” into our database and asked the concerned developer from product team to provide an update or ETA (if possible) on your issue.

Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

@lswe,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-45959”) now. We will soon provide you the fix after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will share the Download link here.

Thanks for this update,

@lswe

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please download and try the following fix for your issue CELLSNET-45959 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45959) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45959) have been fixed in this update. Please also check the following article:* <a href="https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Installation