gridWeb custom command button and max page questions

My end user requires me to add a “NextPage”, and “PrevPage” controls in addition to the page number dropdown with the databound gridweb control. I have implemented both as a custom commands, and I have 2 related questions:

1. I need to disable “PrevPage”/“Next Page” button, or at least prevent a post back. I have tried grid.CustomCommandButton[3].DisableInput (my “prev” button is my 3d custom button) , but I am still getting a postback. I can make it invisible, but I’d much prefer keeping it visible, changing the image to “disabled” and not posting back

2. I need a way to get the maximum page number from a databound grid. I’d like to use a generic/common page change/update mechanism, but since I have multiple grids on the same page, I am curently forced to use use reflection, access the datasource, then cast it and then get the # of objects in the collection and calculate max page based on the count of objects and the grid’s PageSize property. But the grid obviously knows max page is, since it shows it in the dropdown; is there a property or other generic way to get the max page number?

I am using grid web V2.0.3.2006

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiries,

We will get back to you soon for your queries.

Thank you.