GridWeb demos / trial software. error in acwmain.js

Hi -

we are evaluating Cells / GridWeb. The evaluation software and demo projects throws a java script error when loading a GridWeb object.

JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'appendChild' of undefined or null referenceJavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'appendChild' of undefined or null reference.

The workbook loads ok and displays in the browser but all client-side functionality is missing.

The error is being thrown from acwmain.js, line 56 - root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement("SELECT"))root.appendChild(this.xmlDoc.createElement("SELECT")).

The problem seems to be the previous line: var root=this.xmlDoc.selectSingleNode("DATA");var root=this.xmlDoc.selectSingleNode("DATA"); the xmlDoc object has lower case tags so nothing is being returned from the query.

I have tried this with VS 2012 and 2010 running on Windows 8, I have also built my own solution using GridWeb, jumped through the hoops to get it working and it now errors in the same place.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please download and try the offline GridWeb demos for your needs. It should run fine at your end.

Aspose.Cells.GridWeb C# Demos

Hi - thanks for your prompt reply to my post.

Investigating this last night on some different boxes at home has revealed that this is a browser problem. Using IE 10 provokes the problem as described. IE 10 compatibility mode and down - everything works OK. Chrome seems fine.

Regards, Peter.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

It is strange you are getting problem in IE 10.

Could you please use the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.5.2 and see if it resolves your issue?

If you still face the issue, please provide us your sample project replicating this issue. We will look into it at our end and help you asap.

Hello,
I was experiencing the exact same problem with the aspose version 6.0.
I have updated to the version 8.0.2 and now the error is:
"JavaScript runtime error: ‘XPathEvaluator’ is undefined"
With version of IE10 and up (I have IE11 now… emulation with IE9 has different issues with the new aspose version but it was running fine the the ver 6).

I read that XPathEvaluator is not supported by IE !!!

Can you please advice ASAP!?!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Also, I have this acwmain.js version: "//Copyright © 2001-2011 Aspose Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved."

Is there any other newer versions?

Thanks

Hi Emiliano,

We recommend you to kindly try our latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb i.e. v8.0.1.xxx, you may get this version after installing Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.0.2 package from Downloads module. Also please use and specify acw_client folder path (@ your installation directory) in your web.config file, do not use any older version of any files/items present in acw_client folder.

Well, I am afraid, currently Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not work very well on IE10/11, so you have to use the compatibility mode of IE8/9 to work with it on IE10/11 browser type. You may try to add the following line of code in the header section in .aspx page:
e.g
Sample code:

If you still find any issue, kindly do create a sample project (runnable) with v8.0.1.2xxx (GridWeb), zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.