GridWeb doctype / browser support

Hi, I’m wondering what browsers you guys target/support for the GridWeb component.

For example, your samples do not seem to work in IE9 (ex: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.cells/csharp/grid/ajax/ajax-updating.aspx). In the referenced link, the grid renders, but it is then unusable in IE9.

Also, I’ve downloaded the 6.0.1 release, and when testing with different browsers, it behaves very differently. In Chrome, half the grid is displayed. It seems to more or less work in Firefox, however, scroll bars do not work in any browser. I can’t get any build to actually work in IE9 (it renders, but as the example above, it is not usable).

Perhaps I’m using the wrong doctype. I’ve tried different combinations of doctypes and XHtmlMode, but I can’t find a single on that works consistently across all browsers. Which doctype do you guys generally test with? Or what browsers do you guys recommend, alone with what doctypes?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, enabling ajax also seems to break. For example, in Chrome, the loading bar will show up when selecting a different worksheet, but nothing actually loads, even though the loading bar will disappear.

Hi,

Please refer to this link: Browsers Capabilities

I think, you can use this doctype

Please also download and try our upgraded offline demos for Aspose.Cells for GridWeb .

Aspose.Cells.GridWeb C# Demos

Also download our latest version here: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

If you still find some problem, then create a simple sample web project replicating your issue with the latest version of gridweb. We will investigate and fix it asap.

I think I found the problem.

The version I had used previously was gotten by downloading the DLL files from:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx (Aspose.Cells for .NET 6.0.1 (DLLs only))

This has a GridWeb dll version of 2.6.1.2000

However, the link you provided has a version of 2.6.0.2002

It seems that the version you’re including with the latest version of Aspose.Cells is not stable.

Version 2.6.0.2002 works, but the 2.6.1.2000 doesn’t work.

Thanks.

Hi,

It’s great, you were able to sort out the issue. We will look into your feedback and resolve the issue of GridWeb dll version of 2.6.1.2000.

Hi,

We recommend you to use this doctype

“”

and set

XhtmlMode=“true"

Also, please update the Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll and copy “acw_client” folder with files (according to the dll) into your project and add these configurations into appSettings section in your web.config:

<add key=“aspose.cells.gridweb.acw_client_path” value=”~/acw_client/"/>

<add key=“aspose.cells.gridweb.force_script_path” value=“true”/>

<add key=“aspose.cells.gridweb.forcepath” value=“true”/>

It works fine in IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, Chrome and FireFox. If you have any issue, please create a sample project and post it here.