GridWeb - Formatting not saved

Hi Jim,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells and clarifying your posting.

We will shortly test the issue as you have mentioned and assist you further accordingly. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Hi Jim,

After an initial investigation, I can find the issue as you have mentioned using the latest version of Aspose.Cells GridWeb.

I have forwarded these details to our development team to look into this issue and provide a solution. We will let you know here once we have an update from our development team regarding this. The issue has been logged in our Issue Tracking System as: CELLSNET-40838.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v2.7.8.2001

Hi,

I have downloaded and tested the fix.

It works!

Thanks

Jim

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know above fix resolves your issue.

If you face any other problem, please feel free to post, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40838) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

I must apologize.
In a previous post to this thread, I indicated that the fix worked.
I only tested the fix in IE, and yes it does work in that browser (at least IE 8.0).

However, the formatting is still NOT saved if I run in any of the following browsers:

• FireFox 15.0.1
  • Chrome 21.0
  • Safari 5.1.7

Sorry to mislead you, but it looks like there’s still a bug to be resolved.

Jim

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Please download and try the latest fix:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.10.2001

and let us know your feedback.<br><br>In case, the problem still occurs, then please help us with screenshots and highlight the problems with red circles around them.<br><br>We will soon look into your mentioned issues and provide you a fix.<br>

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the latest version as you suggested, but it DID NOT FIX the problem.
I have attached screenshots of before and after saving the grid.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread it works in IE but not in any of my other browsers.
You should still have the original project that I identified at the beginning of this thread.

Please fix this.

Thanks

Jim

jlj30:
Hi,

I downloaded and installed the latest version as you suggested, but it DID NOT FIX the problem.
I have attached screenshots of before and after saving the grid.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread it works in IE but not in any of my other browsers.
You should still have the original project that I identified at the beginning of this thread.

Please fix this.

Thanks

Jim
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have reopened this issue now. We will look into it and fix the issue and get back to you asap.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.10.2002

and let us know your feedback

Hi,

You have NOT FIXED this issue. Yes, it works in IE, but it always did.
I just downloaded the release you specified - v2.7.10.2002 - and I still have the issue in FireFox 15.0.1, Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m, and Safari 5.1.7.

Can you please test whatever fix you come up with next in these browsers (or at least the latest versions of these browsers).

Jim

Hi,

Thanks for your posting. Please help us test your issue well.

We tested your issue with the attached project and attached source file and results were ok.

Could you please check the attached project and the test file? Let us know if there is any error in this process of testing so that we could fix it.

I have also attached the source xls file screenshot for your reference.

Please also provide us the screenshots of error as they are occurring in all of your mentioned browsers.

Screenshot:

Hi,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks

Jim

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update for you at this moment.

Please let me know did you check the above post: 412542. Please provide us your input.

Hi,

I just checked out the post you mentioned. I didn’t realize that this thread now spanned 2 pages.
I downloaded and ran the project that was provided.
Here are my observations:

• I set cell D5 to be bold, and the boolean variable isBold was set to true in IE, but appeared as false in the other browsers!
  • The bold formatting was NOT preserved in IE after saving the sheet - which always did work in the past

It’s back to you.

Jim

jlj30:
Hi,

I just checked out the post you mentioned. I didn't realize that this thread now spanned 2 pages.
I downloaded and ran the project that was provided.
Here are my observations:
  • I set cell D5 to be bold, and the boolean variable isBold was set to true in IE, but appeared as false in the other browsers!
  • The bold formatting was NOT preserved in IE after saving the sheet - which always did work in the past

It's back to you.

Jim

Hi,

Thanks for your patience and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

I am afraid, we are still looking into your issue.

Could you please help us with your sample project replicating this issue using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v2.7.11.2000?

We will create a separate thread for this issue and fix it asap.

Hi,

Please download this latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.11.2001
and let us know your run results.

We have tested your issue in FireFox, IE and Safari, they all works fine, the file format can be saved.

However, we found, there is small issue with Safari when try to format a cell in format cell popup window, if user click font color or background button, nothing happens.

In Safari ,the choose color did not work, so we have fixed it.

fontdlg_l.js

// in safari

old code:

function chooseColor()

{

window.colorElement = btnFC;

window.colorChanged = OnForeColorChange;

window.open(“colordlg.htm”, “colordlg”, “chrome,dependent,dialog,modal”);

}

function chooseColor() {

var url = window.location.pathname;

var lastIndex = url.lastIndexOf(“/”);

var colordlghtml = url.substr(0, lastIndex) + “/colordlg.htm”;

window.colorElement = btnFC;

window.colorChanged = OnForeColorChange;

window.open(colordlghtml, “colordlg”, “chrome,dependent,dialog,modal”);

}

This also applies for: chooseBgColor and chooseBorderColor

Hi,

The issues you have found earlier have been fixed in this update. You may install the official release Aspose.Cells for .NET using its MSI installer and get the latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb control at your installation folder(s).

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version of GridWeb (v2.7.13.xxxx) from our official release Aspose.Cells for .NET product v7.3.4:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry427232.aspx
We have fixed the issue filed as “CELLSNET-40838” in it.