GridWeb readonly/editable cell states issue

Hi,

First of all, I’m using the latest version of your Aspose.Cells.GridWeb dll.

I have noticed in my application a weird issue about readonly/editable cell states. Indeed sometimes cells which are set to editable are readonly. I have made for you a sample project which, I hope, will show you this issue. You just have to execute it on IE11 and then press the two buttons on the right side. The first button set on server side all cells to readonly while the second one set all cells to editable.

Please try different combination. I am able to reproduce the issue most of the time by clicking consecutively two times on Readonly button and then on Editable one. Each time you click on one of those please try to write on a cell to check if you have the expected behaviour.

I look forward to your early reply,

Regards,

Romain.

Hi Romain,

Thank you for sharing the sample application.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest revision of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb 8.7.0.2 and we are able to notice the said issue, that is; the cell of the GridWeb should be editable after setting the WebCell.IsReadonly to false for all cells, however, they remain readonly. This incident has been logged in our bug tracking system as CELLSNET-44250 for further investigation. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the scenario and get back to you with updates in this regard.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) package and get the latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb from your installation directory).

Please replace the “acwmain.js” file in your resource folder (e.g “…\acw_client”) with the attached “acwmain.js” file. Also, when updating client js scripting file, don’t forget to delete cache in your browser.

Your issue (“CELLSNET-44250”) should be fixed.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi,

I just updated my project with both your last GridWeb dll 8.7.1 and the acwmain.js. However, the gridweb does not work anymore. Each time I execute my project I get the following attached js error…

Hi Romain,

I am afraid, I am not able to understand the contents in your snapshot as they are not in English, however, I was able to observe a JavaScript error in a sample application which look similar due to the mentioned line number (1657) on which error was triggered. Could you please review the attached snapshot and confirm so I can log it for immediate attention by the product team?

Error : 0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property ‘appendChild’ of undefined or null reference

Details : Unhandled exception at line 1657, column 5 in http://localhost:50582/acw_client/acwmain.js

Hi,

Indeed the error you get is the same than mine.

I just have a question… Do you test the control before to release it? It’s not the first time it occurs…

Thank you,

Hi again,

Thank you for the confirmation. I have recorded this incident as CELLSNET-44264 for further review by the product team. Regarding your other concerns, yes, we perform testing before publishing any release. At the moment, I am not sure why this problem is occurring and why it wasn’t captured during the testing, however, we will thoroughly investigate this matter to provide you further updates.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi,

Thanks for you answer,

I hope it will be fixed quickly.

Waiting for any update about my issues.

Hi Romain,

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) for the issue logged earlier as CELLSNET-44264. Please do not forget to update the latest JavaScript files (included in the archive) and clear the cache of IE 11 before performing any tests. I have tested the scenario using the same sample project that allowed me to replicate the issue, and I am no longer experiencing the said exception.

There are a few important points that you must consider.

• JavaScript's init method has been renamed (to menuinit) and is being used internally by the GridWeb component only therefore if you have used this method in your code, you may receive an error about init method not being available.
  • Aspose.Cells.GridWeb now supports IE 11 directly therefore you can remove the IE compatible setting code from the ASPX file. Moreover, the Aspose.Cells.GridWeb component now support Document Mode equal to or above 9.0.
  • Regarding the ticket CELLSNET-44250, please note that the WebWorksheet class has been marked obsolete therefore you should use the GridWorksheet class instead of WebWorksheet. It has the methods SetAllCellsReadonly & SetAllCellsEditable which should suffice your requirement to mark all cells of a sheet read-only and editable respectively. The updated code will look as follow.

C#

protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
var activeSheet = GridWeb1.ActiveSheet;
activeSheet.SetAllCellsReadonly();
}

protected void Button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
var activeSheet = GridWeb1.ActiveSheet;
activeSheet.SetAllCellsEditable();
}

Please feel free to contact us back in case you face any difficulty.

Hi,

Unfortunalty I still experiencing the said issue (CELLSNET-44264). You will find a sample project attached to this post. To replicate the issue, please execute the project and then press 5 time the “Set cell states to readonly” button, then press the “Set cell states to editable button”. You will notice that it’s not possible to edit the cells.

Please let me know if you are able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Hi Romain,

Thank you for the sample project.

Yes, I am able to replicate the said issue on my side therefore I have reopened the previously logged ticket CELLSNET-44250 (the ticket you have mentioned is for JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property ‘appendChild’ of undefined or null reference. I hope you are not facing this issue anymore).

That said, I have noticed that you are using the GridWorksheet.SetIsReadonly method to mark GridCells read-only and editable by looping over the complete collection, whereas you can simply use the GridWorksheet.SetAllCellsReadonly & GridWorksheet.SetAllCellsEditable methods to achieve the same result.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v8.7.1.4 (attached)

We have fixed your logged issue “CELLSNET-44250” now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44250;CELLSNET-44264) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.