We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Group objects are broken in Docx to Odt conversion

Hi Support,
I got broken on several levels of grouping on .ODT file when the .DOCX file converting to .ODT file. The group objects on .ODT file are differt from the .DOCX file.

You can try the sample code. ConsoleApp1.zip (4.8 MB)

The 01.odt file in zip is converting with MS office, but the group objects on 01.odt file are the same as the 01.docx file.

I need the group objects on .odt file the same as .docx file.
Please help me. Thanks a lot.

@CYHsu,

We have converted “01.docx” to ODT format (see 19.5.zip (4.4 KB)) by using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 19.5 and attached it here for your reference. Do you still see the same problem with this 19.5.odt file? Are you observing ODT file with OpenOffice Writer? In case you still observe the problem on your end, please also provide a comparison screenshot highlighting the problematic areas in Aspose.Words generated ODT and attach it here for our reference. Please point out the exact problematic places for this issue. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

@awais.hafeez,

The problem still exists by using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 19.5. There are three shapes in the 01.docx ( 1.jpg (91.0 KB)). When converted “01.docx” to ODT format (see 2.jpg (139.4 KB) by using LibreOffice 6.2), the red square is disappear.

You can see the different in the picture (3.jpg (172.9 KB)).

Please help. Thanks a lot.

@CYHsu,

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-18677. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

@CYHsu,

Regarding WORDSNET-18677, it is to update you that we have completed the analysis of this issue and found that there was something wrong in the old version of LibreOffice itself. We have tried to reproduce with the following versions now:

  • 6.4.2 (the latest released) - works fine
  • 6.3.5 (the older released) - works fine
  • 6.2.8.2 (installed from their ‘archive’) - bug is reproduced

So, we suggest you to please upgrade to the latest version of LibreOffice on your end. Hope, this helps.