string file = @“C:\Test.xls”;

Workbook wb = new Workbook();
wb.Open(file);

MemoryStream pdfStr = new MemoryStream();
wb.Save(pdfStr, FileFormatType.AsposePdf);

Pdf pdf = new Pdf();
pdf.BindXML(pdfStr, null);
pdf.Save(file+".pdf");

The worksheet has some grouped shapes in it and they are not appearing properly in the output…(see Test.xls)

I am using Aspose.Cells version 4.5.0.0 & Aspose.Pdf version 3.7.0.0…on .net 2.0…

Hi,

Thanks for providing template file.

Well, I 'm afraid the drawing shapes are not supported while rendering xls to .pdf. We will try to support this feature within 15 days. As soon as we support it, we will provide you a fix soon.

Thank you.

hmmm…ok thanks for the update… :slight_smile:

Is it possible to extract shapes in a worksheet to images? I mean like we can use the Chart.ToImage funtion to get the image representation of a chart…can we do something to get the image representation of a shape?

Hi,

Well, sorry, the feature (shapes to images) is not available. Actually, we do provide Sheet2Image feature (latest feature) but currently drawing shapes in a worksheet would not rendered to the image file.

Anyways, as I said earlier, hopefully we can support to render drawing shapes in the output .pdf file.

Thanks for being patient!

ok…will shapes to images features be added sometime in the future? because on further consideration this is what we really need…

Hi,

We will check the feasibility if we can consider the feature for your need.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try this fix.

We have support to export group shape to pdf.

Thanks Warren, grouped shapes are appearing in output PDF correctly…

Any updates on the feasibility of a shapes to images type function?

Hi,

We will look into Shape.ToImage method.

Thanks for patience.

Hi…Any updates on the feasibility of a shapes to images type function?

Hi,

We will get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi,

We hope it could be supported in the next month. If it's supported, we will post the fix here at once.