Grouped shapes plot on top of eachother

Hi,

After plotting shapes on a Diagram and grouping them, the position of all grouped shapes gets reset and all items end up on top of each other.

Please see the image below. The highlighted shape is a stack of shapes. I’ve dragged a few shapes off that stack, which are now surrounding it. It also seems to move the text from the middle of the shape to half way out of the shape at the bottom.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or I am doing something incorrect. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for contacting support. Kindly send us your source drawing and code for the testing purposes. It will help us to replicate the same problem on our side. We shall then investigate and reply you appropriately. Your response is awaited.

Hi Imran,

I’ve attached the code in the form of a text file. Any drawing can be used for this. Plotting is normal and working 100% until I group and add an angle, after that all shapes positions get reset to the bottom left of the group.

Let me know if you’re unable to replicate.

Thank you,
Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for the source code. Your source code is incomplete. We cannot replicate the same use case as you are running in your working environment. By taking assumptions of the values, we may not address your actual problem. We recommend our clients to send complete details of the use case. It will help us to replicate your actual problem in our working environment. Your response is awaited.

Hi Imran,

What I am looking to do is rotate a group of shapes together. I’ve grouped my shapes (In the source code), but rotating my group using group.SetAngle() causes them to reset PinX and PinY positions. (See first post)

Below is an image before rotating the gorup. If I rotate the group via Visio it works fine.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for the inquiry. As we said in our earlier post that your source code is incomplete. We are unable to execute your actual use case in our working environment. We require your complete details like source Visio template, stencil file (if any) and the complete code. It will help us to replicate the same problem on our side. You may create a simple console application which reproduces this problem in your working environment, and then send us its zip archive for the testing purposes. We shall investigate and reply you appropriately. Your response is awaited.

Hi Imram,

I’ve attached a console application, stencil, and blank template.

Please note that it’s the group.SetAngle() method that causes the issues. You may comment/un-comment it to see the difference.

Thanks,
Shaun.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for sending source files. You have attached a shortcut project in the form of a zip archive (ConsoleApplication3.zip). Kindly recheck and send the zip archive of console application in this forum thread.

Attached. Sorry about that.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for sending a sample project. You are using an old version 16.12.0.0 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. Kindly download and try the latest version 17.4.0 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. It does not reset PinX and PinY values. We have attached a zip archive of the output drawing for your kind reference to this reply. Please let us know in case of any further query.