Grouping data feature of Smart Markers for ASPOSE.cells for Java

Hi,

are the grouping data feature of Smart Markers available for ASPOSE.Cells for Java? I've just seen the examples for the .NET version at "http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/smart-markers.html".

Or can you suggest an alternative to achieve the same results with ASPOSE.Cells for Java?

I've added a spreadsheet example of what I'm trying to achieve. It consists of nested tables. The top level is a list of customers, the second level is divided between a list of accounts and a separate list of movements. The list of movements has a third level, a list of part-movements. There can be any number (n) of customers, for each customer there may be any amount (n) of accounts and of movements. For each movement there may be any amount (n) of part-movements. the corresponding sub-totals and totals must also be calculated.

Is this too ambitious?

Thank you!

Brian Mattimoe

Hi,

Thanks for your question and interest in Aspose.

I think, this feature is not yet available. I have added a request for this feature so that it could be added in future versions. If it is already present, then I have requested a code example. We will update you in both cases asap.

This issue has been logged as a New Feature Request with id: CELLSJAVA-29151.

Hi

I would like to ask if you have any update on the status of CELLSJAVA-29151, if you plan on introducing this feature?

Thank you

Brian

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update for you at present. I have logged your comment in our database. Once we will get any update regarding it, we will let you know.

Hi,

We will start to enhance features of smart marker for Java version two weeks later. Hopefully those absent features from java version(comparing with .net version, includes the grouping data feature) will be supported in about 1-2 months.

As a workaround, I think currently you may use Cells.subtotal() to group the data manually after WorkbookDesigner.process() call

Hi ,

I would like to ask if you could give me an update as to when these features will be supported.

Thanks

Brian

Hi,

Well, we will complete the task of migrating Smart Marker features from .Net version to Java version before the end of this month.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please download: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.0.1.3

We have ported the smart marker feature from .net version. Now Java version have supported the group and sorting features. Also, in attached smartdoc.zip there are the javadoc for smart marker related APIs for your reference.

Thank you for that release. I now have a problem creating an AposeDataTable object. This code which is clean in version 7.0.1 causes a problem in 7.0.1.3:

public class DataTableList implements AsposeDataTable

Now I get "AsposeDataTable cannot be resolved to a type". Has this object been replaced?

Is the syntax for grouping and subtotaling the exact same as for the .net Version?

Thank you,

Brian

Hi,

Please try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for Java v7.0.1.6
and see what are the results.

Please also use all the

<a href="">Additional Java Libraries For V7.0.0 and Later</a> if you don't have them already.<br><br>Yes, the syntax for grouping and subtotaling is exactly same as for the .net version<br>

Hi,

Yes, the syntax for grouping and subtotaling is same with .net version. The interface “AsposeDataTable” in old versions now has been replaced by “ICellsDataTable”(The javadoc for it has also been included into the archive for you in our prior post). The new interface is nearly same with the old one, with one special and notable change that in “get(int columnIndex)” method the “columnIndex” is 0-based now(in “AsposeDataTable” it is 1-based).

Hi,

I'm having problems implementing ICellsDataTable (I'm using 7.0.1.6). Up till now my implementation used AsposeDataTable. When the WorkbookDesigner.setDataSource() method was called, the AsposeDataTable.size() and AsposeDataTable.getColumns() methods were called (this can be seen in debug). Later when WorkbookDesigner.process() was called the AsposeDataTable.next() and AsposeDataTable.get(String columnName) methods were called. Everything worked fine.

Now when I implement ICellsDataTable and call WorkbookDesigner.setDataSource() , none of the ICellsDataTable methods seem to be called (here I would expect ICellsDataTable.getCount). When I call WorkbookDesigner.process() I immediately get a nullPointerException.

Am I doing something wrong with the index as it is now 0-based? It does seem surprising that the call to setDataSource(smartmarkerName, ICellsDataTableObject) does not result in any of the ICellsDataTable methods being called in debug mode. Also I see that when I call setDataSource(), the smart marker name "Person" becomes capitalised as "PERSON" in the Designer object. I have attached a very simple sample of processing, the AposeDataTable code works, the ICellsDataTable code doesn't. The Excel template has just 2 smart markers. The input is supplied by an XML file with 2 element groups. The XML is parsed on creating the AposeDataTable object and set up as an array list. The array list is passed to the smart marker with WorkbookDesigner.setDataSource.

Thank you for your assistance, Brian

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and project. We will look into it and help you asap. We have logged your comment in our database.

Hi,
In the new version we changed the implementation of processing smart markers. Now user must implement ICellsDataTable.getColumns() and ICellsDataTable.get(int columnIndex) methods correctly because those information is needed for performance consideration. Please see attached CellsDataTableMap.java which is derived from your original sample and it can work fine with your template file.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29151) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.