We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

GroupShape vs DrawingML issue

Hello,

Just recently we’ve update Aspose.Words from 10.8.0.0 to 13.10.0.0. Now with a certain document we experience the following issue:

In Word DOCX we have a certain shapes grouped together (see attachment ‘Word groupshape.png’). When I use the same document and the same code only a different version of Aspose.Words the groupshape is treated differently.

In Aspose.Words v10.8.0.0 my GroupShape is returned as a GroupShape (with name “Group 72”) (see attachment ‘Aspose (insert v10.8.0.0) GroupShape 2.png’) and my inner shapes are also retrieved (see attachment ‘Aspose (insert v10.8.0.0) GroupShape 1.png’)

But in Aspose.Words v13.10.0.0 my GroupShape is returned as a DrawingML object (see attachment ‘Aspose (insert v13.10.0.0) DrawingML.png’) and I lost my inner shapes.

Why is my grouped shape returned as a DrawingML?
Where did the inner shapes go?
How do I get the GroupShape?

I hope you can clarify this behavior.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please share your input document here for investigation purposes.

However, I
have tested the scenario with a simple document (see attachment) and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-9504. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you for logging this issue. Our workaround now is treat the document as a DOC and output it as a DOCX. But it would be great if we can treat the document to the latest standards.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is nice to hear from you that you have found the workaround of this issue.

Could you please share your document for which you are getting this issue? We need your document to fix the exact issue which you are facing. We will fix this issue and update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the document. We will update you via this forum thread once your issue is resolved. Thanks for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9504) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.