Had to add Reference to System.Web

I'm using the Runtime version 4.0.30319 of the Aspose.PDF dll.

Whenever I create a Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileEditor object, I get a compiler error in my project:

The type 'System.Web.HttpResponse' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, v

Why would this be? When I add the System.Web assembly to my project the error goes away. Is this class doing something that has the web as a dependency?

To make sure there was no other error with my solution/project I created a complete different solution and created this object and got the same result.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the details.

I tested your issue with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.4 but I was unable to reproduce your mentioned issue. Are you using some older version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET? If yes, please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET. In case you are facing the issue in the latest version, please share your sample application with us so we can replicate the issue at our end.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Same thing happens to me right now.

I’m a new user to Aspose PDF v9.4.0.0 … I have a Win Application setup to test some features.

When i do the same thing as previous user…

using Aspose.Pdf.Facades;

string pdfFile, string[] fileArray

PdfFileEditor pdfEditor = new PdfFileEditor();
pdfEditor.Concatenate(fileArray, pdfFile);

i get the The type ‘System.Web.HttpResponse’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced.

if i comment out this code…i no longer get the error.

Help… why do i need to add a web reference to a non web application???

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for contacting support.

System.Web.dll reference is required when trying to concatenate PDF files using PdfFileEditor because one of its overload can save the resultant file contents to Response object.

In case you do not want to add System.Web.dll in your application, we recommend using Document class to concatenate PDF files. For further details, please visit Concatenate PDF Files