Hand Made Mail Merge?

Hi,
I am looking for a component to speed up development, so please allow me to ask - instead of trying myself:

1. Can aspose.words change the content of content controls, based on content control tag or title?
  2. Can aspose.words export regions of a document into html, preserving font face, size, color, etc. - without using any css file?
  3. Can aspose.words import HTML into a word document, preserving font face, size, color, etc. without using any css file?
  4. can aspose.words identify on which page a given selection (paragraph, “selected word”, content control, whatever) would be printed - and where (example page 3, 8,3 cm from top printing margin)?
  5. can aspose.words identify how “long” a selection, paragraph, content control, etc will be? for example to let me decide if i want to put a paragraph on the next page, or be happy with having half of the paragraph on the next page,…

Last question, can you give some hints on performance? Any “data from the field” to see how fast it can be?
Thanks for your time!
Gerald

Hi

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words.

1. Currently, Aspose.Words does not support content controls (Structured Document Tags). This is the issue #4295 in our defect database.
  2. You can only convert whole document to HTML using Aspose.Words. if you need to convert only particular node to HTML, you can import this node into an empty document and then convert this document to HTML.
  3. Yes, you can insert HTML into a Word document preserving formating.
    https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/documentbuilder/inserthtml/
  4. No, There is no way to determine page where the particular node is located. Also, there is no way to find the position of the particular node on page.
    https://blog.aspose.com/2008/12/01/where-on-a-page-is-my-paragraph
  5. There is no way to determine when content overflows a page.
  6. Performance is dependent from many factors, like size of document, document format, actions with document etc. you are free to check performance of Aspose.Words on your side with your documents.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4295) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(50)