Handling empty presentations

As it is now, Aspose.Slides does not work with presentations that do not contain any slides. The situation where you run into this is with presentation templates (.pot files). These presentations usually contain one master and a titleslide, but no “ordinary” slides. Is updating Aspose.Slides to handle these presentations on the todo list? I need support for empty presentations badly in the app I’m developing.

Any word on this? The app I’m developing pretty much requires this and without it, I don’t know what I’ll do.

If presentation doesn’t contain normal slides but have at least one title slide Aspose.Slides should open it.
We will support any empty presentations but there is a small problem and we are not ready to provide this functionality yet.

Yes, it opens it, but I need to be able to work with it (for example, clone slides into it). When I try, I get the error “Target presentation doesn’t contain slides”.

Rickard,

Try calling Presentation.addEmptySlide() on the empty slide before you clone slides to it.

Another alternative is to create the presentations with a single slide that you can delete after you add the first cloned slide.

…unless I don’t really understand your problem.

Enjoy,
Randy Stegbauer

sogeti_usa:
Try calling Presentation.addEmptySlide() on the empty slide before you clone slides to it.

Another alternative is to create the presentations with a single slide that you can delete after you add the first cloned slide.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, your first suggestion doesn't work. AddEmptySlide() fails with the same error message as CloneSlide ("Target presentation doesn't contain slides").

The problem with your second suggestion is that I don't have any real control over what kind of presentation is uploaded and used in the app. I could force users to open up their templates and add a "dummy slide" before they use them in my app, but that's the very, very last resort.

Cheers,
Rickard