Handouts and Outline View in PDF

Hello,

In Powerpoint, when exporting to PDF, you have the option to create “Handouts” with thumbnails of slides in various orientations and counts, as well as an outline view.

I can create the a PDF with a full page slide per page, or with Notes/Comments/Both but I can’t see a way to automatically create the Outline or Handout views.

I did find an older support forum post (https://forum.aspose.com/t/saving-handout-view-to-pdf/70914) but the links in that post are not valid anymore.

Am I missing anything on how to create these?

Do I have to create the PDF pages manually to get this type of output? If so, is there any sample code?

Are there any plans (and timeframe?) on adding these types of output to the current PDF options layout options?

Thanks,

Sheri

@sheri_steeves,

I have observed your requirements and request you to please provide the source presentation and desired output presentation that you ought to generate using Aspose.Slides. We will investigate your requirement and try our best to help you out.

@mudassir.fayyaz

Thank you for the quick response. Please find attached a zip file containing a PPTX presentation, two images showing the options used when exporting to PDF in PowerPoint, and the resulting PDF files that were created.

ExportPDFHandoutsOption.zip (245.2 KB)

I only provided 2 samples of the options available for the slide layout when creating handouts, but there are many other.

An outline view is also available through the same options dialog.

Thanks,

Sheri

@sheri_steeves,

I have observed your requirements. Can you please visit this thread link. This will help to achieve your requirements. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

I had already found and read this link.

Basically, this feature isn’t part of Aspose yet but has been logged as SLIDESNET-37475 to be looked at and currently you have to create this type of output manually.

Sheri

@sheri_steeves,

I have observed your requirements. I regret to inform that it is not possible in Aspose.Slides yet. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-40124 has been created as in our issue tracking system as a new feature request. Our development team will look into the possibility of implementation of the requested feature. This thread has been associated with this new feature request, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.