We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Hash sign in front of hyperlink when saving as doc using aspose.words 14.5

Hello,

We have discovered an urgent issue in aspose.words 14.5

When a document has a hyperlink, and it is saved as doc (not docx), a hash (#) sign is added in front of the hyperlink, making it impossible to follow the hyperlink.

The example code is as simple as the following:
Dim objDocument As New Aspose.Words.Document(“testdoc.doc”)
objDocument.Save(“testdocout.doc”)

I have attached the testdoc.doc file to this post.

Because of the urgency of this issue (a lot of customers are unable to follow hyperlinks in documents) we would like to know if it is possible to receive a hotfix for this issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Paul Vrugt
Sr. Software Engineer
Infoland BV

Hi Paul ,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10385. A similar issue has been fixed and that fix will be available in next version of Aspose.Words.

We will update you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Tahir,

When will next release of aspose.words be?

Is there any way to get a hotfix for this issue? This is a very serious issue for our product, and we really need it fixed asap. And seeing as you say a similar issue has already been fixed we were hoping you can make this fix available for us.

Regards
Paul Vrugt
Sr. Software Engineer
Infoland BV

Hi Paul ,

Thanks for your inquiry. Hopefully, the next version of Aspose.Words will be available in a couple of days. I have requested the development team to share the ETA of this issue. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

Hello Tahir,

Is there any news on this issue? We are still anxiously waiting for a hotfix or new aspose release in which this issue is fixed.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. This issue has been fixed in latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 14.6.0. Please download the latest version of Aspose.Words from here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/entry557799.aspx

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10385) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I'm confused. Was this not already solved in 14.6.0?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Yes, this issue was fixed in Aspose.Words for .NET
14.6.0. Please check my reply here.

Your issue was duplicate of another same issue which was fixed in v14.6.0. However, the notification was not sent due to fixed version value of your issue in our issue tracking system that is v14.7.0. We apologize for your inconvenience.