Have any more detailed examples of imageFieldMerging in Java hanging around?

Hello,

Today I’m working on a FieldMergingCallback class to handle special merge field events. I see that now in Java, the imageFieldMerging method automatically pulls an image from a URL – it appears to work even though I didn’t build any code to handle that event. That’s great.

Now, however, I want to control the way the image is pulled by adding in several cookies to the request. In .NET I’d use an HttpWebRequest and include a few System.Net.Cookies. That’s been working great in Words for .NET for many years.

Do you all happen to have an example of doing this type of thing in Java handy? If not, I’ll eventually figure it out – just thought I might be able to save some time.

Thanks!
Michael

Nevermind on this one. I built an imageFieldMerging method that utilizes HttpClient to retrieve images via HTTP GET and includes cookies when necessary in the GET call.

Works like a dream with Words!

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. It’s great you were able to find what you were looking for. Please let us know any time you have any further queries. We’re always glad to help you.

Best Regards,