Header & Footers

How do you (if Possilbe) set the header and footer view the api. Also can I put a line at the bottom of the header and top of the footer.

Scott

Dear Scott,

Thanks for your consideration.
Currently it is impossible to set the header and footer via the api. You can only set them in the designer file.

I investigated MS Excel and did not find a way to put a line at the bottom of the header or top of the footer directly. But if you use Excel XP, you can put an image of line at header or footer.

Is there any possibility that you will add the feature of setting the headers and footers. I have a project in which I have the same designer file being used by multiple offices in a single company.

Dear Scott,

Yes. I can add this feature to Aspose.Exce. But because now I am working on other issuses of Aspose.Excel, you have to wait for about one and half month. It will be available at the mid or end of Octorber.

If that cannot meet your need, I suggest you make serveral copies of the same designer file, set up the page option seperately, and slightly modify your current code.

That’s fine, I just wanted to know if it was something that might/could be a feature enhancement. I will try some other work arounds but look forward to the feature.

I’m really happy with your component and the features/fixes you make to it.

Scott

What is the status of being able to use the api to set headers and footers?

Scott

Dear Scott,

I will release a hotfix in this week. It will be available in this hotfix.

Dear Scott,

Please download hotfix 1.6.2.

You can use PageSetup object to set header/footer.

I am trying to set the header and footer information and am getting the following error:

“This feature is not supported in this edition.”

Sheet = Excel.Worksheets.GetAt(SheetPosition)
Sheet.Name = SheetName

Sheet.PageSetup.SetFooter(2, “&D”)

What am I doing wrong?

Scott

I figured out the I am using the standard edition and the pagesetup functionality that I needed is only available as the professional + editions.

I guess that I need to upgrade to the professional edition.

If this is what I need to do, I do I upgrade.

I need to do this quickly, I need to deliver my app to my client at the end of the week.

Scott

Dear Scott,

I would love to create a license file for professional edition for you immediately.

But would you like to send the original order details to info@aspose.com so i can get to know your purchase more quickly.

Thanks for your consideration.