Header and footer lost while converting mhtml to pdf

Hi,

I am trying to convert MHTML file to PDF using .net. I am able to convert the document but the issue is while converting it is lossing header and footer of mhtml document.

Can someone please help me to solve this problem. We are planning to buy but this is resisting us. I have used the following code:

using pdf = Aspose.Pdf;

pdf.MhtLoadOptions options = new pdf.MhtLoadOptions();

// Load document
        pdf.Document document = new pdf.Document($"{dataDir}Test2.mhtml", new pdf.MhtLoadOptions());
        // Save the output as PDF document
        document.Save(dataDir + "MHTToPDF_out.pdf");

@talk2.gauravb

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you please share your sample .MHTML document with us, so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi,

Sample mhtml file uploaded.

Sample MHTML File.zip (13.9 KB)

@talk2.gauravb

Thanks for sharing sample file.

I have tested the scenario by using same code snippet, which you have shared earlier, with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.8 and was unable to notice any issue. The document was generated fine and all content in the MHTML file was visible in the resultant document. For your reference, I have attached generated PDF as well.

In case if you are trying the scenario with older version of the API, we recommend you to use latest version and if you are facing issue with latest version of the API, please share some details regarding your working environment like OS Version, Application Type, Target Framework, etc. This would help us in testing the scenario and address it accordingly.

MHTToPDF_out.pdf (29.1 KB)

Hi Thanks for sharing the output. The MHTML file which i have shared please open it in MS Word and you will notice there is header and footer which is missing in generated file.

@talk2.gauravb

Thanks for adding more details to the scenario.

I have noticed that header and footer were present in the MHTML file, when opened in MS Word but they were missing in the resultant PDF document, generated by Aspose.Pdf. Therefore, I have logged an issue as PDFNET-43175 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of the issue and keep you updated with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your response but can you provide us the fix asap as we are hitting the deadline of completing this activity. Once this is fixed we are quite intrested in purchasing it.

@talk2.gauravb

Thanks for writing back.

Now that issue has been logged in our internal issue tracking system, so product team will investigate it as per their development schedule. However, we have recorded your concerns and intimated relevant team about them and as soon as we receive some feedback from their side, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi

Is it possible for you guys to send a hot fix as soon as it is fixed. So that we can go ahead and complete the evaluation process.

@talk2.gauravb

We have shared your recent concerns with the respective team, therefore, please note that there are other pending issues in the queue as well, which were logged prior to yours and product team has been working to resolve them as per their development schedule. They will definitely investigate and resolve your issue after resolving previously logged issue. We will certainly let you know, once we have some definite updates in this regard.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi

Can you please provide me the date by when we can expect it. We are running out of time. Its something which is stoping our progress with development. We need it asap.

@talk2.gauravb

I am afraid that we are not in position to share any reliable ETA as there are other pending issues in the queue as well and relevant team has been busy in resolving them, as well as adding new features and enhancements to the API. They will surely plan to provide a fix against your issue, as per their development schedule.

Furthermore, we have requested the relevant team to share an ETA (if possible) and as soon as we have some significant updates in this regard, we will inform you. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi

Were you able to find a space for this defect to be fixed in next release.

@talk2.gauravb

Thanks for posting your inquiry.

I am afraid that ETA for a fix against your issue is still unknown due to large number of pending issues in the queue. Though we have shared your concerns with the relevant team and as soon as we receive some feedback from their side regarding investigation of your issue, we will update you within this forum thread. Your patience and cooperation is highly appreciated in this matter. Please spare us little time.

Hi Asad,

I understand your team is busy in fixing other issues but it is almost a month we have open issue. What is the SLA for an issue to be fixed, if it is going to take more time then do let me know so that we can design alternative for it.

@talk2.gauravb

Thanks for posting your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged ticket has not been yet resolved and we are not in the position to share any reliable ETA for now, due to large number of the pending issues in the queue.

Please note that your issue has been logged under model of Free/Normal Support, where the resolution of the issue depends upon how long is the queue of issues, reported prior to your issue, because issues have been resolved on first come first serve basis. However we do have Priority/Enterprise support model and issues logged under that model have precedence over the issues, logged under Free/Normal Support model.

Kindly note that we do not guarantee any immediate solutions for issues, logged under Priority/Enterprise support but it does expedite the process of investigation. Furthermore you may also visit “Priority Support” page over our website.

Now concerning to the earlier logged issue, we will certainly let you know once we have some definite updates regarding its resolution. Please spare us little time.

Hi Thanks for response, I understand this is free support but till we see this working we wont be in a position to purchase it. If we know this is working then only we can propose our Client to purchase it.

@talk2.gauravb

We have recorded your concerns and intimated the relevant team about them. As soon as we receive some feedback from their side, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

Thanks for your response. Can you suggest any workaround for it so that we can present it to client and it undergoes approval process till you guys fix the issue.

@talk2.gauravb

Thanks for writing back.

I am afraid that we cannot offer any workaround for now, as we already have tried to get correct output over our end. Though our development will surely investigate this issue and provide a fix as per their development schedule and we will certainly keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please spare us little time.