Header/Footer lost after saving in ODT

Hi,

I’m opening this thread 'cause I’ve noticed this problem: in our application, we create a document merging 3 single documents, the first one (generated using Aspose.Words for JasperReports) containing header and footer, and the other 2 contain only the “main” part.

the problem is, if I append the 3 documents (originally generated on DOC) and then save the whole document as ODT, I lose header and footer in all pages except the 2 that compose the first document, while saving in DOC or DOCX or PDF replicates the header and footer for each page.

Can this behaviour, which looks wrong to me, be corrected? or is actually correct the ODT and wrong the others?

I’m attaching the three documents I’m speaking about, with also the whole document in DOC and ODT as a referrence.

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Any info about a possible solution to this problem?

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your request. This problem is already resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next .NET version of Aspose.Words, which will come out in a week or so. The fix will be available in Java version a little bit later.
Best regards.

could you please tell me around when to expect the next release of the java version?

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your request. Most likely, the next version of Aspose.Words for Java will come out in May.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15305) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(9)

Hello,

this issue is still/again present in version 9.7.

Added simple reproduction: Load rtf with Header -> Save it as ODT.

Sincerly
Martin

Hello

Thanks for your request. Could you attach the document you are getting problem with? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hello,

please look at my last post - I’ve just added a reproduction for you while you’ve answered.

Best regards
Martin

Hello

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4612) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan