Headers lost when convering mailmessage to mapimessage

I have a mail message from Thunderbird that seems to lose the headers when converted to a mapi message.

Here is my test code:

MailMessage eml = MailMessage.Load(@“C:\Spring2015\Issues with Collecting A sharepoint site.eml”, MailMessageLoadOptions.DefaultEml);

Console.WriteLine("Mail message header count is " + eml.Headers.Count);

MapiMessage eml1 = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(eml, MapiConversionOptions.UnicodeFormat); // convert the mail message to a mapi message

Console.WriteLine("Mapi message header count is " + eml1.Headers.Count);

And here is the output.

Mail message header count is 40

Mapi message header count is 0

This does not happen on all messages. I have attached the troublesome eml.

Thanks

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

I have re-produced the scenario here and have logged it as EMAILNET-34842 in our bug reporting system for further investigation by the product team. You will be notified immediately once any update is available in this regard.

Thank you.

I also noticed that the attachments are lost too. The mail message has an attachment count of 1 but the mapi message has an attachment count of 0;

Hi Jon,

I have tried to re-produce the scenario, with one of my own sample EML file having attachment. It is observed that after conversion of MailMessage to MapiMessage, the number of attachments remain same.

As your current sample EML file “Issues with Collecting A sharepoint site.eml” does not contain any attachment, therefore issue cannot be re-produced with your sample file. Could you please send us a sample EML file, which can be used to re-produce the scenario here?

P.S. As it is separate issue, please create a new thread and provide sample data and code (if any) there for better tracking of different type of issues.

Thank you. I will retest and be sure I was seeing the error. If I confirm it I will post a new thread.

Hi Jon.

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to write us back for any other query in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34842) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.