HEIC / HEIF image format support

I need to convert HEIC / HEIF image files to JPEG / PNG / TIFF.

Do any Aspose products support this?

@SalsaGuy

I regret to share that at present the API does not support HEIC / HEIF image formats. A ticket with ID IMAGINGNET-2540 has already been created to provide the requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the support will be available.

Any updates on this? We are also in need of a product to view and/or convert HEIC / HEIF files. Adding my name to the thread to hear more about IMAGINGNET-2540.

@KHaskins

We have investigated the issue on our end. Please, take into consideration, that after investigation of HEIF format and found that it implementation requires to support HEVC format, which is strictly covered by patents. We’ve checked the options to license this format, but finally found that entering in appropriate licensing agreements is to risky and does not fit our corporate policies.
Thus, we’re not going to implement support of this format, which is owned by so many patent holders.
You could find appropriate discussion in Private Site.

@KHaskiins, since Aspose is electing not to support this format, you may look at Image Magick to handle this conversion.

Thank you, I’ll check that out.