HEIF/HEIC Support

Hello,

We are looking for a way to support conversion of HEIC files from iOS 11 into JPEG, and thought that Aspose.Imaging might be able to help, but it doesn’t appear to support this format.

Am I correcting in assuming that currently there is no support for this in any of the Aspose products? And if so, is there a plan to add support any time soon?

Many thanks, Robin

@robinbetts,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and regret to share that at present the support for HEIF/HEIC is not available in Aspose.Imaging. An issue with ID IMAGINGNET-2540 has a;already been added in our issue tracking system to provide requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

Hi, Robin, HEIC images can only be compatible with iOS 11 as well as macOS High Sierra. Aside from that, devices with other operating system cannot be available to recognize HEIC directly. If you need to open and view your HEIC images without limitation, you can try a heic converter jpg. It is easy enough to operate. Anyway, I also hope we can get support asap.

@Yilia,

The requested support is presently unavailable and we will share the good news with you as soon as the support will be available.

Many converters can now convert HEIC image formats, whether online or offline, paid or free. Just like this article, it lists the best 10 heic converters.

@petteed,

At present, Aspose.Imaging does not support HEIC image format. We share share the feedback with you as soon as the feature will be available.

Is there a roadmap and timeline for support of HEIC image format?

@LukeZ,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved and we will share the good news with you once the implementation support will be included in roadmap.

Do you have a targeted timeline for support? This is critical to our business.

@LukeZ,

Unfortunately, I am unable to share any timeline for the availability of the feature. We are sorry for your inconvenience.