We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

HELP - "Requested a name string that is not present in the font." ASPOSE WORDS

I am having a similar problem with Aspose.Words 9.1.0.0, with the following stack trace:

"Requested a name string that is not present in the font."

at ఆ.౉.్(౔ ో)
at ఆ.ౠ.౼(String ֺ)
at ఆ.ౠ.ಜ(String ಝ)
at ఆ.ౠ.get_௽()
at ఆ.ౠ.ಂ(String ఴ)
at ఆ.ౠ.౺(String ఴ, FontStyle ୢ, Boolean ౻)
at ׎.ః.଀(String ࡉ, Font ଆ)
at ◽.☵.మ(String ࡉ, Font ଆ)
at ◽.☵.☻(Run ᛟ, Int32 ࡐ, Int32 Ӗ)
at ◽.☵.☹(Run ᛟ, ◼ ☺)
at ◽.☵.☸(Paragraph ወ)
at ◽.☁.☧(Cell ጔ)
at ◽.☁.☛(Cell ጔ, ࿝ ဃ)
at ◽.☁.☙()
at ◽.☁.☗()
at ◽.☁.☖()
at Aspose.Words.Document.UpdateTableLayout()

Hi Will,

Thanks for your request. During converting document to PDF Aspose.Words reads font files and creates subsets of fonts, which are used in PDF. Maybe the problem might occur because some of your fonts cannot be read. If it is possible, could you please archive all your fonts and share the archive somewhere. I will check all your fonts on my side and provide you more information. Or you can try finding the font which causes the problem yourself, and attach this font here.

Also could you please attach your input document here for testing?

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

It isn’t really practical for me to upload my fonts to you, they make up a 200+ MB zip. Would it be possible to simply not load the fonts which can’t be loaded?

My document is the same one uploaded to here: Differences between tables printed to .doc vs .tif which I was having problems with earlier. It looks like you can print it to an image fine, so ignoring whichever conflicting fonts are on my system would be preferable. It looks like this has been affecting a few people.

Could you recommend a way for me to narrow down which fonts are causing the problems? I’ve attached a list of my installed fonts if that is any help.

Hi Will,

Thank you for additional information. One more question, which version of Aspose.Words are you using? To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.

Could you please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words 9.1.0, and let me know how it goes on your side.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Yes, I’m using 9.1.0.0, product version 2010.05.14, Aspose.Words for .NET.

Cheers

Edit: I diffed my fonts folder with a list of fonts from another machine which worked with the UpdateTableLayout call, and deleted some of them, and now it is running. I’ve not tracked down exactly which font file was in conflict. I’d still like to see a more robust fix to this in a future version, since I will have less control over installed fonts as we move towards deploying this code, particularly if the conflicting fonts are not even in use in the documents rendered.Thanks for the help all the same.

Hi Will,

Thank you for additional information. It is perfect that you already resolve the problem. But without your fonts I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. The current version of Aspose.Words already has mechanism for filtering “bad” fonts. It seems there is some different problem with your “bad” font.

Best regards,

I’m sorry to report that I have restored my font files, and it appears to still be working… which means I am not able to track down which font caused the problem. Perhaps one fell through the cracks when I backed up.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14623) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12586) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.