Help in getting started with Words for Android via Xamarin

Hi team,

I have just downloaded Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin for trying at my end. I also installed Visual Studio for Mac on my Mac machine to give it a try. But I don’t know the steps to create a very basic application and include this API in it for getting started. Can you please list the steps to get started with this API with Visual Studio for Mac? Detailed steps in getting started is highly appreciated from Aspose team.

Hi Acton,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin API.

1. Please download latest Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin DLLs
  2. Unzip the DLLs
  3. Follow these steps to reference ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin’ 17.5 in your Visual Studio (Xamarin.Android platform) project:
  • In Solution Explorer, expand the Xamarin.Android project node to which you want to add a reference
  • Right-click the References node for the project and select Add Reference from the shortcut menu
  • In the Add Reference dialog box, select the Extentions tab
  • Select Aspose.Words.dll found inside ‘~\aspose.words_android.via.xamarin_17.5\Xamarin.Android’ folder and click the OK button
  • The ‘Aspose.Words’ reference will appear under the References node of your project

Alternatively, you can install Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin NuGet Package.

Please also take a look at the following article:

‘Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin’ Additional Requirements

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,